Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty pal without being insulting why would anyone get into this with you, Your own friend/relative obviously had no aith in you or your plan. Why would another plumber want to go into a partnership with somebody who is just passing infomation on...? i dont get it, it would be far easier for a plumber to go alone , get his own business and pick up extra custom by word of mouth and if means must and he needed a partner surely he would ask another plumber one with more or aleast equal experience in the plumbing world.

If Dolphin is serious about this, then why doesnt he go and train as a plumber as well, then have 2 of you working and it might work, sorry but the whole thing is being done from the wrong angle to my mind. Being a business analyst etc is great if you are selling yourself to other businesses for advice etc, but to run a small plumbing co that is going to expand, you need plumbers, with a working plumber in charge and maybe his missus doing the books partime. One guy wont be happy doing a 50/50 share if hes the 1 doing 100% of the earning!! no wonder your relative did a runner, as a business analyst surely you can see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ould be interested in this, I am moving to staines area next year and this would be of interest,

However there would be more conditions for me to be interested,

1. I would expect to be busy every single day and every single day that I am sat at home would mean a fee paid.
(if you cant do your job properly why should I suffer?)
2. I would want 50% off the daily take. there is no partnership if I am being paid a wage
3. There would be a contract with ownership of 50% of the business
4. Do not use dolphinplumbers.co.uk (nobody would take you seriously)
5. once we employ staff I am in charge of staff running around making sure they are all ok, doing quotes i.e.
6. for every 2 plumbers we employ, we recruit 1 apprentice.

I may be a little confused.
Are you offering:
1. To pay the full initial investment and
2. a wage for the first year
3. after the first year it is a 50/50 split of the profits?

Also what have you done to research Pimlico Plumbers? why would people use us rather then them? what do we do differently?

This is more like a business plan - we operate like this - a bit like a taxi service in that we get the jobs - our fellas go out and do them - we pay the boys and take a profit - everbody is happy (I think) BUT you really have to have shed loads of money and experience to do what we do - all my boys get paid Friday on the nail I get paid later
sometimes 100 days later for Local authority work PLUS we work the prices out with enough for all of us get it wrong BANG
Thanks for your advice. The only thing is that I am not a plumber to work on my own, so one option that I am considering is to get some friends buy into the idea and invest, that way we could employ plumbers rather than partnering.

If I take your offer seriously, all your points can be considered, but the use of the name - dolphinplumbers is not a joke as you see it.

Also, would it not be better for me to employ you than to accept your proposal?

Cheers
DP

That is a long story mate, however; one reason was that I had a close relative (uncle) who is expert in the field, so I thought my skills of business development and marketing plus his skills as a plumber will work well. The other reason was that I have an oversea construction company and in that country there is lots of contracts to be won in plumbing field, but you have to have good name, experience and legitimacy which a UK company will provide, so by having this company and operating it for a year I can then register it in the other country as well and win contracts. But as I dag deeper into this, I got more interested to have a plumbing company in the UK on its own merits.

It was a small retail business - I sold it before taking the current profession. It didn't fail as you might be thinking ;)

Cheers

Just managed to upload my company logo (my avatar), any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
dolphins live in water, plumbers dont, they like keeping dry as do their customers

Last edited by a moderator:
In the words af the dragons, IM OUT.

Those were not suggestions they were conditions, you have just dismissed them all. will you do this with the business. I tell you that we need more staff and you say "I'll take it on board"
And yes Dolphin Plumbers is rubbish. why not call yourself whale plumbers or water baby plumbers. complete and utter joke.
The name is so water based that people wont even call you for boilers i.e. which is where the money is.
you offering me a job makes it even more a joke. what are you actually offering? do you even know.
and finaly you have a story how you basically got bored of your previous business and gave it up. so how long until you get bored of this business?

Just managed to upload my company logo (my avatar), any thoughts?
Thought I was looking at Basil Brush for a second. Maybe it's because the avatar is so small and I can't see the full detail? :detective:
memorisethis-ltd-basil-brush.jpg

It will be the bad side of men that will make a partnership like this not work - I mean if you are a plumber strugling to find work and I do all the marketing for you to ensure there is always work, why will you not be happy and appreciate the work that I put in?

By the way, do you know how I can put an image (my company logo) as my avatar on my profile here? Sorry I am new here and can't find that fuctionality - when I do to edit avatar the option to load image is not, does it comes when I have become a trusted member etc?

Cheers

Plumber struggling to find work !!!!!! I can't swear on this forum and have been told off already but what planet are you circulating. This sounds like a glorified SEO scam. On day 1 your average 30 quid hourly rate would have to be 60 to cover you and your "admin" get a life . You are not Pimlico Plumbers so would struggle to say the least. I lie awake at night dreaming of being pimped by people like you. Time to do some real work.

Plumber struggling to find work !!!!!! I can't swear on this forum and have been told off already but what planet are you circulating. This sounds like a glorified SEO scam. On day 1 your average 30 quid hourly rate would have to be 60 to cover you and your "admin" get a life . You are not Pimlico Plumbers so would struggle to say the least. I lie awake at night dreaming of being pimped by people like you. Time to do some real work.
wicked man :))

Do you not think it is a risk from your side too? You are going to put all of this time, effort and money into a business, then use a person you barely know as the ambassador for this company. You'd have no idea what this persons capabilities are, how his customer relation skills are and how trustworthy he is.

You can have the best ads and marketing scheme, but if your plumber turns out to be an incompetent oaf, you won't get a lot of repeat business and bad reviews spread like wildfire!

Also I agree with others about the name and logo, it is too gimmicky in my opinion!

Good luck to you in the future, got to say your logo looks like its been lifted out of pathetic sharks from viz

Do you not think it is a risk from your side too? You are going to put all of this time, effort and money into a business, then use a person you barely know as the ambassador for this company. You'd have no idea what this persons capabilities are, how his customer relation skills are and how trustworthy he is.

You can have the best ads and marketing scheme, but if your plumber turns out to be an incompetent oaf, you won't get a lot of repeat business and bad reviews spread like wildfire!

Also I agree with others about the name and logo, it is too gimmicky in my opinion!

I really did think that this original thread was a joke, some people just havent a clue. Another dreamer dreaming of plumbing.

Whatever the opinions here (from all sides), it's going to be interesting looking back at how this business looks a year from now.

For those with strong views on the logo, do you have any suggestions on how I cam improve on the name and logo, what is your company name and logo like. I mean you are the experts in the business and know what works and what doesn't and that is why I am here to seek your help. Cheers

For those with strong views on the logo, do you have any suggestions on how I cam improve on the name and logo, what is your company name and logo like. I mean you are the experts in the business and know what works and what doesn't and that is why I am here to seek your help. Cheers
Basil Brush Gas Services, tagline: BOOM BOOM!

Honestly, the cartoon dolphin looks like it came out of microsoft paint clip art circa 1990. If you're dead set on dolphin (would honestly rethink) you need to get a designer to knock up something classy

i like you, your concept and your avatar.....but who am i.....well i'm a fully qualified, by that i mean down the apprentice route ,not fast tracked....and not your man as i'm too far away and happily self employed

Not a good business plan at all in my opinion.

Most plumbing businesses grow in the same way.

You have a one man band, and that bloke is great on the tools, reliable and personable with customers. He gets too busy so calls in some help, and employs another bloke. Then rinse and repeat and before you know it you have the magical 5-1 ratio where you can support a full time admin position.

You are trying to start a business with two people off the tools and one person doing all the manual graft. If they have their head screwed on, they'll soon see that they're a glorified employee on a crap wage!

re the avatar

where did you find it cos im damn sure you didnt design it there was a member here using the same one a year or two back

nothing wrong with dolphin plumbing if you dont mind being connected to a bathroom company that had a bad name for service and quality and went to the wall a couple of years ago

I will not be 'damn sure' if I were you. The dolphin concept was triggered my head from a similar concept that we have in our current company ('dolphin behavior - to be friendly and helpful etc etc). I have the first comical sketch that I did and that of my wife who is far better artist than I, but even that didn't stop the logo designer (my cousin) to laugh at it. It took 15 different versions to come to this final one. I never before have come to this site as you might figure that out by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock