Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for correct size tool, box spanner or similar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Would like a box spanner or similar to help tighten the locking nuts on a replacement sink tap ( has one vertical lock nut over a central cylinder plus for a click clack waste locking nut.

I realise these aren't meant to be hardened down, just saves my fingers and will allow me to nip it up firmly.

I have researched and found mention of BSP thread sizes, but not the size across flats of the lock screws

Also, I see on American sits a tool to prevent the sink plug rotating, when tightening the lock nut....using plumbers mait

thanks

Hello and welcome! If you own, or can borrow a socket set you could try to see which size socket is perfect fit, so to know what spanner needed. A standard deep socket will often do for some taps. There are box spanner sets available for taps from Europe usually about 3 double ended (6 sizes) box spanners in metric. Rothenberger is one set, if that's what you need, but if you are in USA your taps might be totally different and perhaps even good old imperial nut size

As Best says, I simply use deep 1/2" drive sockets. I have a selection and have never failed to be able to use them having changed 1000s of taps.

Reply to Looking for correct size tool, box spanner or similar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock