Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for job as a Plumber mate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
I am Toncho 28 years old
I have worked as a painter since 2014 in London but I would like to change my career.
I am about to start Plumbing course in April so reckon it would be good if I start working as a Plumber mate for the begining till I am fully qualified.
If anyone needs Plumber mate or the company where you guys work need mates please give me a shout
It would be much appreciate it
Thank you very much

How do you intend earning a living wile training ? getting someone to take you on, a person who has no experience is almost impossible , lots come on here asking the same question, will work for nothing just to get a foot on the ladder, don't be misled into thinking plumbers earn a fortune, most don't ! the ones that make a good living its took them quite a few years, and the outlay it will cost for the tools you will need is quite high, a lot more than a set of paint brushes, But good luck , may stand a better chance in London than other parts of the UK.

How do you intend earning a living wile training ? getting someone to take you on, a person who has no experience is almost impossible , lots come on here asking the same question, will work for nothing just to get a foot on the ladder, don't be misled into thinking plumbers earn a fortune, most don't ! the ones that make a good living its took them quite a few years, and the outlay it will cost for the tools you will need is quite high, a lot more than a set of paint brushes, But good luck , may stand a better chance in London than other parts of the UK.
Thanks for your reply
I am going to do weekend course so I will be able to work during the week and make my living.
I dont expect to earn a fortune or even to do one or two days a week for free alongside with profesional plumber in order to gain experience.
I completely understand that I have no experience and knowledge at the moment and Its going to be hard to find job but I am trying to do it step by step.

Thanks for your reply
I am going to do weekend course so I will be able to work during the week and make my living.
I dont expect to earn a fortune or even to do one or two days a week for free alongside with profesional plumber in order to gain experience.
I completely understand that I have no experience and knowledge at the moment and Its going to be hard to find job but I am trying to do it step by step.

Good on you for giving it a go ! But doing a weekend course and not having anyone to mentor you even just through the basic plumbing techniques your going to find it very hard

Hi sorry had to pop out, I was going to ask why you thought being a plumber would be a good change ? some trades are in a bigger demand than plumbers, maybe you should think about Tiling ! and it would be a lot quicker to learn + something you could add to your painting skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for job as a Plumber mate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
I am city and guilds trainees live in Dartford. I am interested in working with a professional plumbing to get more experienced in the weekend Looking for your cooperation
Replies
Views
I have approx 2 weeks work in kingston i need a qualified plumber to assist me with starting on the 30th may. must be self employed, own tools transport etc. good day rates paid. potential for more work after this job. please get in touch. Regards Alex
Replies
Views
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in London/Essex area, full driving licence. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. looking for a change in my career and get into the the domestic plumbing world. I have 6 years experience working with commercial boilers, with skills...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a career change, currently working as a Mechanical Design engineer and have done so for the past 10 years, I'm now 27 years old and looking for a trainee/plumbers mate role while I obtain the required qualifications. I have designed and fully fitted out a bathroom and two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock