Search the forum,

Discuss Looking some advice from the old and bold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi folks,

Just passed my oftec 101 recently and have spent a lot on kitting my van out with what I think I need to service and repair oil boilers. What I would like to know is what kind of spare parts would you recommend I carry. Like what is the most common photocell, nozzles, pumps, etc etc.

Thanks

hi folks,

Just passed my oftec 101 recently and have spent a lot on kitting my van out with what I think I need to service and repair oil boilers. What I would like to know is what kind of spare parts would you recommend I carry. Like what is the most common photocell, nozzles, pumps, etc etc.

Thanks
Hi Thomas,

Congratulations to the oftec 101 Certificate and welcome along. I would recommend as you mentioned already, definitely nozzles, photocells and pumps. But don’t forget, some control boxes, filters, some flexible hoses some electrodes as they could have hairline cracks, perhaps a tiger loop wouldn’t be bad either.

However, you will need to know what’s the most common boiler brands in your area. It would be quite hard to have all on board. Perhaps some cleaning products, some containers when it comes to changing some nozzles or filters.

I used to have a little bit of cat litter with me it helps to absorb the oil before entering the ground. Gloves would be Handy too. If you clean some boiler perhaps a scraper and a hoover wouldn’t be bad as well as masks.

I hope it helps a little but as mentioned above @Best and @SimonG will be on and give you perhaps a better help.

So I’ve purchased a mix of danfos nozzles from 0.5 to 0.65, selection of oil lines, few photocells, capacitors and some water detection paste. Was going to buy a couple of pumps but that may wait until payday

Hi Thomas.
Nozzles will depend on what most boilers are in your area and what output range, but I would recommend you only buy one or two of each of the more unusual size and types and at least 5 of the more common nozzles. It will cost a lot to try and cover just one or two of the different angles, outputs, and types combinations. You will, as an example, need 0.5, 0.55, 0.6, 0.65 and 0.75 as the most common nozzles for small properties.
You need oil hoses, hose nipples, oil filters, plus filter elements, pump and motor drives, motor capacitors, motor bearings, photocells, control boxes and Riello and Danfoss oil pumps. Riello Ram spare seals.
Essential with oil pumps to have a Riello 40 oil pump, plus an RDB oil pump as spares.
Danfoss you need a 21 L (left hand) plus a 21 R, plus same in the 11 type.
I also prefer to have a Danfoss 41 L for Inter B9 burners.
Burner motors are something you will probably want to buy as spares, as you can afford to gradually do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking some advice from the old and bold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock