Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Loud noise coming from stopcock in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. bogrodder

bogrodder GSR

If he’s got in stripped down, may as well
    replace there and then. Working in kitchens units is a bitch, get in get done get out:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

changed what you need to bud

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  3. king of pipes

not hard to sort out if you have simple plumbing skills as above pegler thread rate is finer but easy swop . cheers kop

• Like Like x 1
  4. Glasgowman

Glasgowman New Member

Managed to buy a 22m stopcock and 22m double check valve from toolstation tonight, not had the chance to attempt it yet. The stopcock looks same length, but the new check valve does look longer than my existing one and I’ve not got much room to play around with copper pipe etc, maybe I should just call the experts

5. Glasgowman

Glasgowman New Member

If I had more copper pipe to play with I think I could manage it, unless I could find a shorter double check valve than I bought?

6. skoronesa

skoronesa New Member

Sounds to me like you have a valve that isnt open all the way somewhere. Check your main water shut off first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glasgowman

Glasgowman New Member

Managed to squeeze the job in this morning replaced stopcock and double check valve. Problem solved! Thanks so much for all the help. Is it normal for the water to have a sight brown colour when taps are ran especially the hot ?

B0132BD6-63F2-41EE-9CAB-B65E274D2047.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Nice job, yes it's normal to have discoloured water for a bit after a drain down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Glasgowman

Glasgowman New Member

10. king of pipes

Well done bud not hard this plumbing lark is it normal to have discoloration for a while run taps till clear and jobs done . Cheers kop

• Like Like x 1
  11. Glasgowman

Glasgowman New Member

Thanks a lot mate and thanks for all feedback and help, really appreciated. No doubt be back for help soon lol as doing a bathroom soon :)

• Like Like x 1