Search the forum,

Discuss Low Flow/Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the dynamic pressure. 2 bar is poor standing pressure imho.

to check dynamic pressure you put a pressure gauge on first outlet i.e. outside tap with it on, then turn on another outlet i.e. kitchen tap. this give you an idea of dynamic pressure.

Thought about viewing the thread, but with 105 replies I decided against it.

previous post it says 2 bar static 1.5bar dynamic

You could ask to check a few of the neighbours properties see what they get

if they are similar then you'll probably have to go the route someone else said ( Break tank, pump etc )

Right, so what do people recommend to be the next steps?

Jase is suggesting we go with:
step 1, disconnect mains and connect new mains to outside, do dynamic pressures and flow rate with open outlet
step 2, reconnect mains with new pipe from meter (if accessible) to house
step 3, do dynamic pressures on mains with system connected
step 4, check every single outlet (that is accessible) for dynamic pressure, flow before and after taps.

The water meter and outside stopcock is accessible if you have the long turning pole thing (no sure what it is called) so I'm thinking we turn that off and check the flow and pressure just before the house stopcock too. Then do the steps above followed by flushing the system with the temporary pipe, like someone mentioned earlier in this thread.

Make sense? Anything else we should do or haven't considered?

Hi Mate
just been reading through the threads some good advise there
however with a large house and with such a big loss in pressure i would start by
confirming that you have good water pressure at the meter on both sides, if so
1) take pressure reading before stopcock
2)take pressure reading after stopcock ( are there the same ? )
3) check all out lets on ground floor only, and check standing pressures ( is their a difference ? )
4) move on to next floor and repeat stages 1 -3 and so on
keep in mind all taps are closed and you are checking pipe work and standing pressure
my idea been is you will be able to check for lost pressure, once you have found lost pressure you will be able to isolate that area put a temp line in and then check standing pressures again
if you are happy with standing pressure move on to checking working pressures
this time remove excising tap and put a temporary tap in its place and check water flow do this one at a time and check flow rare
I know this is time consuming put it will be a question of eliminating blocked or restricted pipe work and will give you some idea of where the problem is
hope this helps
thanks Tony

Hi Mate
just been reading through the threads some good advise there
however with a large house and with such a big loss in pressure i would start by
confirming that you have good water pressure at the meter on both sides, if so
1) take pressure reading before stopcock
2)take pressure reading after stopcock ( are there the same ? )
3) check all out lets on ground floor only, and check standing pressures ( is their a difference ? )
4) move on to next floor and repeat stages 1 -3 and so on
keep in mind all taps are closed and you are checking pipe work and standing pressure
my idea been is you will be able to check for lost pressure, once you have found lost pressure you will be able to isolate that area put a temp line in and then check standing pressures again
if you are happy with standing pressure move on to checking working pressures
this time remove excising tap and put a temporary tap in its place and check water flow do this one at a time and check flow rare
I know this is time consuming put it will be a question of eliminating blocked or restricted pipe work and will give you some idea of where the problem is
hope this helps
thanks Tony

Sorry Tony, standing pressure would be the same throughout the whole system under no-flow conditions! To check for excessive drop you'd need to turn on a couple of taps and leave them running while you checked pressures before and after meter and at incoming stopcock in the house. That would show up if there was a possible blockage in the incoming main or a dodgy meter.

One thing: 25mm PE is about 20mm internal. For 6 beds etc. I'd have been happier with something much larger.
I suppose you could try temp connecting some 32mm from the meter into the house and see if that improves the flow but checking the pressures should give an indication anyway.

Well....... Initial awesome flow for 20 seconds then dwindled to a trickle. Removed internal stop tap and it was full of .....

aa865afed3369875cf4ed25659c8e51f.jpg

Thank the Lord for the check valve above stop tap.

Newbuild 25mm mdpe laid in pipe bedding!!!

Well....... Initial awesome flow for 20 seconds then dwindled to a trickle. Removed internal stop tap and it was full of .....

aa865afed3369875cf4ed25659c8e51f.jpg

Thank the Lord for the check valve above stop tap.

Newbuild 25mm mdpe laid in pipe bedding!!!
Is that from this property?

Not really. It's crushed lime stone....... Line stone is sedimentary and contains dead animals. [emoji16]

I had one yest, no flow at kitchen tap! Unscrewed the airator and loads of metal Chipping's came out so flushed it and good as new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low Flow/Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock