Search the forum,

Discuss Low presssure from hot tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Parents have a relatively new zanussi ultra combi 30kw - installed about 6 months ago.

Hot taps (all of them, including the shower) have a tiny amount of pressure when turned out. The water is hot but the flow is weak.
Cold pressure is good and the boiler is reading 2.5 bar pressure.

Combi is in the loft.

Any ideas what could be causing such weak flow - or how to try to improve it?

Thanks in advance
Dan

Is your mains cold a low flow ?

Mains cold is lower flow than my own house but its still pretty good. Cold taps have good flow but hot taps really low.

When the hot tap is first turned on, the flow is quite good, but then dies to a dribble quickly (as water starts to run warm).

Thanks!

There will be pressure loss through the cold supply pipework because the boiler is in the loft , also the water tempreture in the ground is very cold due to this freak weather it takes alot of kw to heat it to 55 degrees and it cant pass through the plate heat to quick so this could be the problem , not familiar with the zannuissi but I think it's a rebadged IDEAL so could have a pre heat function which will give you more hotwater and quicker . Kop

That's really useful - thank you. I'll check for a preheat function.

Is there anything that could be added/in line to increase the hot pressure. Apparently this has been going on since before this cold weather.

Thanks so much.

Check the stop taps are fully open and cold isolation under the boiler is fully open

The litres per minute needs to be measured on the cold supply the boiler will only supply 12 .4 litres of hot water a minute with a 35 degree rise , conditions at the moment probably around 10 litres there is a pump that can be fitted to supply a constant 12 litres of cold water to the boiler but they are not cheap better to get a engineer to measure the inlet pressure and flow and go from there . Cheers kop

That's brilliantly useful, thank you.
I'll measure the litres per minute tomorrow and check out the options.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low presssure from hot tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the upstairs taps, I have a combi boiler and no water storage
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap the water coming out is heating water ( Fernox smell)and the boiler pressure drops quite quickly. Baxi Platinum 28HE. Any help or ideas please
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s especially from Shaun. The customer had ordered swan neck mixer taps for kitchen, bathroom and ensuite. On installing then all the hot water flow is none...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock