Search the forum,

Discuss Low water pressure from bath taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pameho

I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior combi gas boiler and 6 radiators. The water pressure to the downstairs taps is high as is the pressure from the shower. However, the pressure from the bath taps is so low it takes a good 15 to 20 minutes to half fill the bath. I have a mixer tap to the bath. Would installing a larger boiler increase the pressure? I would be happy to do that but I have been told by one plumber that as the pressure to the downstairs taps and upstairs shower is fine then changing the boiler wouldn't work. Another plumber said it would. Which view is correct?

I've also got a WB green star but a 28i

Bath filling is slow but I have a separate shower which is fine. Kitchen is also fine.

In not sure if the flow rate of hot on the boiler but it takes a while to fill a bath.

As for changing the boiler I'm sure a boiler engineer will be along soon but it'd be a couple of grand at least I think to do it.

have you always had a combi or has it been changed over from vented tanks in loft and cylinder?

I've always had a combi Steve

Always had slow bath taps.

Everything else inc. my Mira exel shower that I installed is 100%

I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior combi gas boiler and 6 radiators. The water pressure to the downstairs taps is high as is the pressure from the shower. However, the pressure from the bath taps is so low it takes a good 15 to 20 minutes to half fill the bath. I have a mixer tap to the bath. Would installing a larger boiler increase the pressure? I would be happy to do that but I have been told by one plumber that as the pressure to the downstairs taps and upstairs shower is fine then changing the boiler wouldn't work. Another plumber said it would. Which view is correct?

Your getting flow and pressure mixed up. Off the top of my head your boiler should produce about 9 litres of water a minute. This looks a lot more when coming through smaller taps into smaller bowls.
A new more powerful boiler will be better, and you won't be short of people willing to do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low water pressure from bath taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in the picture. Not sure what the thing is to the right of the stopcock? I’ve also taken the inners out of the outside tap and turned on the water again...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock