Search the forum,

Discuss LPG advice please for a newbie (To LPG) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Hi guys - I usually only do servicing on LPG, having only recently got the ticket, and I've been asked to install an LPG fuelled boiler.
My question is - what do I need to actually install if the boiler is fuelled from LPG cylinders on the outside of the building?
I know that they have to be on a flat even surface, and that they'll need a changeover but do I need to fit all that or does the supplier fit the lot?
What about the security of the bottles? Do I have to fit a locked cage around them as it's a holiday rental place?

Change over with opso and upso
As you say stable base with some sort of stability/ fixing for the bottles so they don't fall

Only reason I've found for the cage is incase of theft

Make sure any other appliance are OK for LPG (you would be surprised how many Nat gas cookers I've found on lpg with no conversion kits ) :D

Also don't forget to cut in a test point below reg/ change over valve

And you need to fit

Change over with opso and upso
As you say stable base with some sort of stability/ fixing for the bottles so they don't fall

Only reason I've found for the cage is incase of theft

Make sure any other appliance are OK for LPG (you would be surprised how many Nat gas cookers I've found on lpg with no conversion kits ) :D

Also don't forget to cut in a test point below reg/ change over valve

And you need to fit
Thanks for the reply.
Ive been looking on the BES website and they have all sorts of upso/opso valves so whats the rule for working out which one?

BTW - there's nothing else attached. Electric oven/hob in kitchen, and open fire in lounge.
I'll definitely be cutting in a test point as I come across far too many without and I'm always moaning about it :)

As long as it's got up and op and automatic your fine

Bes 16237 is the one I use

Make sure the regulator is up to the output of the appliance being fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LPG advice please for a newbie (To LPG) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and Iā€™m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock