Search the forum,

Discuss MagnaClean Professional System Filter - can't remove the lid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a new MagnaClean Professional system filter fitted (the one with the red body and black plastic ribbed lid) a few months ago and I would like to check/clean the magnet for sludge.

However, I have tried using the plastic lid spanner (anti-clockwise) to loosen the lid but it won't budge. I can feel the canister twisting on the two valves so am reluctant to use too much force.

Has anyone any tips on removing the lid?

Turn the valves off and open the air bleed screw should turn ok with spanner now

It will come off , it sounds like its been overtightened, just hold the body of the filter when you try release the top, I never use the supplied spanner to tighten them , just go with a strong "hand tight"

Have used large stilsons before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MagnaClean Professional System Filter - can't remove the lid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock