Search the forum,

Discuss Magnetic signs or permanently signed vehicle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got magnet signs? My feeling is they just wear out and look shabby over time.

Stalling on signing my vehicle as busy and like my anonymity but could always be busier.

Semi like the idea of taking off a sign when i want...whats your take?

I think magnetic signs are Illegal in Texas. Seems like I heard this when we were putting new signs on all my dads trucks. Some had magnetic signs and he said we couldn't do that any longer. Maybe I'm mistaken but worth checking into.

Yeah, well, that's in Texas.

The clue's in the name, my American friend......... UK Plumbers Forums, we're allowed them over this side of the pond. Just take them off when driving at high speed.......

If your busy why bother never had mine done why invite would be thieves to steal your tools , paintwork is never the same , chances are you will swap it every 3-4 years your choice really bud .

Had magnets for a year now, always had full signwriting before, best thing ever. I change the position of the magnet periodically to avoid any fade issues, if I'm going to B&Q in the van (which I would obviously declare as taxable) on a Saturday I don't have to be "at work". Also I play drums in a band so don't want an obvious plumbing van sat outside a pub for most of the evening.

Buy some cheap ones on Vistaprint, if you get on with them wear them out then get some nice ones done.

Oh, and don't forget to keep the vehicle clean under the magnets at least once a week, otherwise that's when they come of on the motorway!

Yeh keep it clean and the signs stored in a bag. If not - expect scratched paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnetic signs or permanently signed vehicle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs above but there is no sign of leakage on the ceiling. The main drain run from the manhole at the back runs under the kitchen, which has a solid floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin. I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock