Search the forum,

Discuss Manual Override for Central Heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

klyster

Hi, I've got a Worcester Greenstar 30si Combi boiler and want to know if I can manually override the broken RF timer/thermostat so I can get the central heating to start please? The hot water is OK and the boiler responds to the tap going on, but I have no heating as the timer is broken (leaked battery in unit). I can't see anything on the actual boiler to manually start the heating. Thanks in advance.

Try putting it in service mode
I would only do it to test the heating works, dont do it multiple times

is there not a button on the receiver for the wireless control to operate manually. I would not advise that you attempt to put it in service mode

Any chance of a pic and don't put it into service mode

Try putting it in service mode
I would only do it to test the heating works, dont do it multiple times
I would not do this. The service mode is not designed for that purpose. If it is the old style Drayton RF stat there will be 2 x little square ish buttons on it. Try pressing the top one and see if the heating comes on.

Best to replace the complete unit you can pick up some quite reasonable priced ones now !

Or a decent sparky at least

Yes and no depends what version of the si

If you need to remove the cover no

If it's the new version like the compacts sparky will do

Not if you link it out in the reciever.

What happens if the receiver is the model that is inbuilt / where the mt10 goes

Alot of what ifs you two the poster dont seem to worried all we needed was a picture and we could have come up with a solution agreed. Kop

Alot of what ifs you two the poster dont seem to worried all we needed was a picture and we could have come up with a solution agreed. Kop

Post 5 op hasn't supplied one

15 replies offering help shaun why do we bother bud, Dan and Luo have gone awol , your a one man plumbing and heating encyclopedia keeping things going because your up half the night he he ! need some fresh topics to keep us interested mate what you been up to this week i have first fixed 8 column rads on the intergas boiler i installed a few weeks back and now working on a Victorian style bathroom walk in shower , free standing bath blah blah blah all plumbed out sorry bud kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Manual Override for Central Heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock