Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo Or Combi not sure ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I was convinced / happy to go with a Megaflo ( or similar) but keep getting ask why not a Combi
Set up to be as follows
1 bathroom ( with shower mixer )
1 ensuite with shower
Small extension ( small 4 bed house ) going to uprate water into house already have a goodish pressure and flow ..... in the past have always thought that combis seem to lack pressure but are they an option now
Cheers

Last edited:
Unvented cylinder if you have the flow, pressure, money and space

Combi if not
A high output combi will do the job but you will have reduced hot water when multiple outlets are open.

Combi will barely cope with two outlets. Unvented!!
That's what I've always thought but everyone ( who has a Combi ) I've spoke to says " get a Combi .... there great " ask about running 2 outlet at a time say " no worries " ...... think I'll spend the extra go unvented plus added bonus of back up immersion
Cheers

combi's in this situation are not as good as unvented. Some tradesmen will recommend a combi cause they arn't qualified to do the other

This combi argument is easily resolved. Thus its all about mains water pressure AND volume. Most big combis will heat up 10+ litre of water per min. When the house demands more than 10 litre hot AND cold then it gets rationed and if your in the shower you wont like the results ! If the supply is below 10 litres per min or/and below 2 bar same happens and in London and remote rural areas this is a regular normal. You then have to get a pump to suck the water out of the main and effectively steal it from your neighbours - until they all get pumps and your back to square 1. so for this job DONT GET A COMBI.

Combining boiler & cylinder into packages sound wonderful doesn't it, the best of both worlds?
As with most thing like this combining means a more complex machine with different controls required than the standard boiler, all in a tighter space to work in, if one side fails you tend to loose the lot (no back up immersion on these as an example).
Good yes, until it go wrong then watch out cos it will cost you ££££ to get it fixed with only a select few to repair you better hope it don't go down in middle of winter.

Reply to Megaflo Or Combi not sure ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock