Search the forum,

Discuss Member Only Section ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteheat

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

Some of the questions asked among the trade can be very interesting often it appears that the original poster just needs his / her memory jogged or a second opinion which is very useful especially for the sole traders who don't get to meet other tradesmen in the course of their normal days work.

The majority who answer are just trying to help a fellow tradesman and most of the time the advice is correct.

A problem I see is this forum is wide open to the general public some are DIY who could teach all of us somethings however there are others who through desperation will try to use the answers they see to fix problems themselves.

Most replies can leave out what we regard as basic safety because after all we are answering a fellow competent tradesman, I think this is especially true where Gas appliances are concerned.

There is nothing to stop Joe Public and his wife surfing these forums for answers from professionals, they may not recognise that the answers the see are not complete and the parts that are missing could lead to them doing more damage or causing an explosion.

Just putting it out there to see what others think.

Pete the forum has a private Gas safe section for members who can provide GS number to Admin (Dave or Dan) and also a Private Plumbers Arms for members who can prove they are professional plumbers, Pm your details to Dan or Dave incl. phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Member Only Section ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock