Search the forum,

Discuss Meter spigot pipework badly sealed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi, Sorry for posting the obvious to the more experienced of you, I've just come across a meter in a box with the gas pipe going out through the back via the spigot, The transporter had apparently come and changed the regulator a couple of weeks ago, my issue is that there is a lot of what looks like silicone sealant trying and failing to seal the pipe through the spigot at the back, there is also the earth cable going through the same point, Is this a A/R turn it off ? or A/R keep it on advise and repair ??
Thanks in advance.

this is where its gets tricky

if its sealed and if the mastic is heat resistant eg 600 dc + then your fine

if its just normal mastic needs sorting

but if it found it i would advise customer and go from there most of the time i just sort it without any problem 5-10 mins and some fjc your golden

Cheers Shaun, I cant tell if it's heat resistant or not , they made a right pigs ear of it whatever, I'll cut it out and use some FJC.

Cheers Shaun, I cant tell if it's heat resistant or not , they made a right pigs ear of it whatever, I'll cut it out and use some FJC.

its easier in the long run and takes less time than filling the paper work out :D

and its ar if its not sealed appropriately

They normally use the stuff that goes runny in the heat. FJC will sort you right out as Shaun says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Meter spigot pipework badly sealed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock