Search the forum,

Discuss Minimum mains water flow rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fitzthefool

Hi all.

Bumped into a guy who worked for a water supply company the other day and he mentioned that the supply company has a duty to be giving at least 10 litres per minute to a property. Is this true and if so is it true for all of the UK?

regards, chris

I think it varies pal, i think the pressure has to be a min of 1 bar as well

The one bar rings a bell. I know you cant pump off the mains anymore than 12 l/min (without authority approval) so would be in that region.

It is amazing how water pressure is so different all over the country for obvious reasons. You lads from the smoke wont sell many PRV's lol

1 bar and 10 lpm at the water undertakers boundary. not in your property

generally speaking the boundary is at the undertakers outside stopcock

Reactions: Dan
The Guaranteed Standards Scheme published in 2008 by OFWAT. 0.7bar minimum pressure in the communication pipe. Nothing about flow rates that I can see in there though.

It even mentions compensation amounts that Water suppliers have to pay in the event of low pressure!! I will be claiming £25 off my water bill tomorrow now :)

Attachments

• gud_pro_gss08.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
The Guaranteed Standards Scheme published in 2008 by OFWAT. 0.7bar minimum pressure in the communication pipe. Nothing about flow rates that I can see in there though.

It even mentions compensation amounts that Water suppliers have to pay in the event of low pressure!! I will be claiming £25 off my water bill tomorrow now :)

Just for clarification the compensation refers to DG3s which are points against the specific water company if your supply is unexpectedly interrupted for over 4 hrs.

The water company I work for sets its minimum pressure and flow above that of water regulations that is why I quoted those figures earlier in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Minimum mains water flow rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock