Search the forum,

Discuss Monobloc tap one of the lever handles working loose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just had cause to change the hot ceramic valve (VR04 Type) IN my kitchen tap because it was dripping. The replacement valve has cured the drip but the M4 securing screw that came with it was shorter than the original and did not protrude through enough to engage in the head of the valve. IT also had a fatter head as I found to my cost because it took me ages to wiggle it out of the lever housing. I therefore used the original screw which was fine initially but worked loose within an hour or so. I have tightened it repeatedly but it just works loose. I have been back to the seller who can't help. Am I missing something? Any ideas would be welcome.

Is the old screw too long and bottoming in the thread in the valve?

Thank you for responding. Two days ago I tried a M4 16mm screw in the handle that is longer than the original (12mm) and much longer than the one supplied with the valve (8mm). It seems to have resolved the problem as the handle has not worked loose so far and before was doing so within a couple of uses of the tap. I find this very odd - when I put the original valve back in with the original screw it did not work loose, With new valve in and original screw it worked loose, now with new valve and longer screw it seems fine. The old and new valve are identical - don't get it. Thank you and all who responded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monobloc tap one of the lever handles working loose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I recently had a Hansgrohe wall mounted single lever basin tap and a Hansgrohe thermostatic concealed bath/shower valve installed (full bathroom renovation). The basin tap started dripping a few days after installation. But it stops dripping only when shower is turned on. Any...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi, my wife decided she wanted new modern bathtaps instead of the old 'supertaps' we've had since we bought the place. So we bought the new taps and I tried fitting them yesterday but the new taps don't have the same fitting length as the old ones, this wasn't aproblem on the hot supply as...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, my 2-handle kitchen mixer tap started dripping cold water. I've got it apart and am waiting for a new cold water, ceramic disc, 1/4 turn, cartridge to be delivered. Meanwhile I can't completely turn off the isolating (or service) valve, whose screwdriver slot is now knackered. So, with tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock