Search the forum,

Discuss Monobloc tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi can anyone recommend a good brand of monobloc kitchen tap thanks

Franke ...Bristan are good in my opinion but others here will have their own preferences...regards Turnpin:D

I repair a lot of monobloc kitchen taps and I find some of Franke taps absolute tat. Add to that they aren't cheap.
Some of the cheaper unbranded taps are decent.

The secret of a good tap is in its weight. Most taps now are more zinc than brass so BEWARE lightweight taps as they will corrode so badly they will be impossible to repair.
Always ask the manufacturer, NOT retailer, for its composition. "Is it made of solid brass?" If it is, then choose one with separate hot and cold valves as they will keep going for ever.
Remember, many now intimate it's made of brass... The phrase 'morally corrupt' pops into my head for some reason...

I believe it's not just the tap itself but also down to the installer. How often you get called out because of twisted flexible hoses or poor installed taps. I totally agree with paying a little more for a decent brand than going cheap for ÂŁ20/ÂŁ30.

Me, personally I am not going cheap anymore in terms of everything in life. I'd rather pay a lot more but having quality and no hassle. But that's me, I am not talking about others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monobloc tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello I have a Franke Planar Kitchen tap and it’s got a leak. One drop per minute. I’ve been on YouTube and seen that there are grub screws to remove, first for the handle, then once that is off the square piece between the handle and the tap body to get the cartridge for replacement. I have...
Replies
Views
W
I have an Moretti Aria monobloc kitchen tap with solid tap heads and no grub screws on the tap body. How do I gain access to change the cartridges please?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or would I need to replace the whole tap? I had a plumber take a look who said the whole tap needed replacing. If it is just the hose supply do I...
Replies
Views
Hi Anyone know of a pull out kitchen tap that has decent pressure? I have had low pressure from this tap for a number of years and it's not helped with the two 10mm tails that must reduce even further. Hoping something is around that I can use 15mm full bore tails and isolating valves but all...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock