Search the forum,

Discuss Morterised valve and tank thermostat (danfoss) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Stewart

I have recently bought a new house and have just found out my hot water button will not fire up my oil fired boiler!! But it works OK when just heating the rads. I have now discovered the tank mounted thermostat was not wired up!!!
It is on a S plan sytem and I tried to connect up with no joy.

The morterised valve up in the hot press goes into a round junction box with 2 other wires which I assume are the boiler and control panel.

The thermostat has only 2 wires brown (2) and blue (1). I tried these in a vary of positions ie- to the morterised valve wires. Which are brown,grey, orange and blue.

The best I could do was get the boiler working but turning the stat into a switch directly controlling the boiler and bypassing the control panel.

Head is wrecked think the guy before me was a nightmare. Please help

Richard.

Before applying any heat to your HW cylinder you need to establish whether it is a vented or unvented system. If you don't know, please post a couple of pictures showing the tank and pipework.

This is a safety issue.

Before applying any heat to your HW cylinder you need to establish whether it is a vented or unvented system. If you don't know, please post a couple of pictures showing the tank and pipework.

This is a safety issue.

Hi chuck

It's a vented sytem. Water tank in the loft

I would start from the beginning and rewire the lot

You might need to replace the heads if he's cut them back too much

IMG_1417.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Morterised valve and tank thermostat (danfoss) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
A
I have a greenstar 35cdi combi boiler that when the thermostat calls for heat. It will fire up heat to temp and then drop down to 41* on the boiler display and then kick back in again. I have checked all wiring and the zone valves. What else could it be? anyone seen this before
Replies
Views
Nicholas
N
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock