Search the forum,

Discuss Moving foul pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Funkyboy

Hi all,

I would like a exstension along the back of my house. Right in the the middle of the back wall is a foul pipe with a pipe branching into it from my bathroom.
I don't want a column with the foul pipe encased in it n the new kitchen dinner. Are there any other alternatives? Also is there any building regulations around foul pipes?

Thanks

Any outlet from bathroom WC will be above floor level. Even with flat roof extension, this means foul pipe can be extended in roof space. Location of manholes/diversion etc. all need taking into account and roof timbers designed to suit.

Any outlet from bathroom WC will be above floor level. Even with flat roof extension, this means foul pipe can be extended in roof space. Location of manholes/diversion etc. all need taking into account and roof timbers designed to suit.

Do building regs allow foul pipe to be extended in roof space? Also how would you get access if needed? It will be a single level exstension with a pitched roof under upstairs windows
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Provided pipe run is straight within roof space, access for rodding can be achieved externally. This is where you need to engage plumber to joint and support pipe correctly.

Is it a single story extension or double?
I would dog leg it to the side of the house and use manhole for change of direction to get you back into your drainage line. If levels etc permits.

As you can go under the extension as long as you have an access point to rod, but we all ways try to move the drainage outside the building footprint, just to be safe. From a builders opinion, I'm not a plumber yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving foul pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock