Search the forum,

Discuss Moving waste pipe across wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Craig Blick

Hi all sorry to ask a daft question...my basin in bathroom isn't centred between bath and toilet so im having to move the waste over its 32mm not sure if it solvent weld etc so just wondered if i can use push fit externally (coming through the wall ) as i need to raise it slightly aswell so will need to use 2 90° elbows. Thanks in advance

Solvent weld and push fit are different sizes, believe adaptors are available.

Ah ok...any obvious way to tell if it's solvent weld or push fit that currently runs to the soil pipe?

The different sizes for all diameters are available on the internet or google the fittings as they look different.

Solvent weld fittings are like endfeed solder fittings

But best bet is google

Solvent weld fittings are like endfeed solder fittings
o_O Shaun the OP doesn`t know the difference between plastic fittings, doubt he know what endfeed solder fittings are. ;)
Would post pictures but my name is on a pint in the pub.:)

No need for the sarcasm really it's a forum for discussions and advice isn't it? And of course i know what end feed compression push fit etc are just never used solvent weld waste pipe so i asked a question

No need for the sarcasm really it's a forum for discussions and advice isn't it? And of course i know what end feed compression push fit etc are just never used solvent weld waste pipe so i asked a question
Any sarcasm (intended or not) was not aimed at you Craig. And you are in the right place for help & advice.

I've always considered push fit waste fittings a bit diy.
Always use solvent weld apart from beneath kitchen sink then mechanical fittings only where necessary.

Always use solvent weld apart from beneath kitchen sink then mechanical fittings only where necessary.
More diyer than pro's here nowadays.

Any sarcasm (intended or not) was not aimed at you Craig. And you are in the right place for help & advice.
Fair enough seemed a bit sarcastic to me but never mind i appreciate replies

I've had a closer look at the existing fittings and they are actually push fit...would you change them all or just re-route with the same fittings?

i would change them as normally start to leak after youve touched/ moved them

i would change them as normally start to leak after youve touched/ moved them
To be honest it's only one existing fitting that would remain in place anyway the external to main soil pipe so I'll just cross my fingers and use new fittings for other end. Cheers for relplies much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving waste pipe across wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Hi folks As mentioned in the title, are there any solutions to the problem, other than cutting an access to waste pipe and cutting pipe at nearest elbow or tee? Hair has been removed as much as possible and a drain cleaner used but still very slow to drain. I’m not keen on strong chemicals...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock