Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Multiple mixer showers in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. offgridman

offgridman New Member

OK folks, here is a brain teaser.
    Just been asked to look at a bungalow that has been subject to recent renovation/ modification by a variety of persons.
    Water supply is from private borehole, into property in 25mm MDPE at an indicated 2bar pressure. DHW storage is 206 litre cylinder with immersion heater, solar thermal input and connection to oil-fired (pressure jet) Stanley Superstar range providing DHW and CH. Estimated DHW pressure based on existing header tank position is approx .2 bar.
    Someone has fitted 3 x thermostatic mixer showers that are not going to work on gravity alone, never mind the restricted CW supply.
    Looking for sensible solutions re pump assistance and obviously additional tank capacity both with cylinder and cold supply for showers. Personally, looking at this, I probably would have said 3 x pumped electric showers may have been a better option at start, but I wasnt there at the beginning. Owners expecting to rent out as holiday let so simultanious shower useage very likely
    Suggestions on a postcard please.
    Thanks.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

3.5 bar uni/negitive pump should do the trick

or convert the system to an unvented cylinder and fit a higher pressure bore hole pump

3. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I'd convert system to unvented cylinder as above mentioned

4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

As shaun as said fit a neg head pump it really depends on how much storage of cold water you have cheers kop

5. offgridman

offgridman New Member

Thanks for info so far guys. I'm thinking current cylinder capacity may need to be increased anyway bearing in mind potential demand, and additional cold water storage is no doubt required.