Search the forum,

Discuss My first cylinder install with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just wanted to share some pics of my first cylinder/boiler install.. I’m quite proud of myself. Place had electric heaters before. So brand new system, 3 level flat, 2 bathrooms, new gas run & meter, 21kw Baxi EcoBlue heat only, 250ltr unvented cylinder, 10 rad, s-plan system. Excuse the stray wires around the electronics, I’m going back tomorrow to tidy them up with some mini trunking.

D62F9C57-5677-406C-9B56-5FA74598928C.jpeg

EB921D94-36E0-4A08-831A-055D85985B2F.jpeg

6AFA4439-EB7F-4C70-9151-364C70EED9BA.jpeg

jay few problems

one major and one minor can you guess what?

but over all very good

The PRV discharge (temporary until they do extension at side of house).. ?

yes spot on

even if its temp still needs to be 300mm before the first bend on either tundish

and the minor you will laugh at this one

yes spot on

even if its temp still needs to be 300mm before the first bend on either tundish

and the minor you will laugh at this one
Lol go on.. what’s the minor??

I meant flush, not flick!! Haha

Looks good. Discharge isn't correct as Shaun said. But overall a tidy install.

Very tidy mate. How long did that all take? Just one question, is there much space above the vessels?

Very tidy mate. How long did that all take? Just one question, is there much space above the vessels?
Enough space to be able to remove them if they need replacing or stick a pump in if need recharging.. ah mate, time is my nemesis, all in it probably took me about 10/11 days. I’m not the quickest guy in the world!!

Enough space to be able to remove them if they need replacing or stick a pump in if need recharging.. ah mate, time is my nemesis, all in it probably took me about 10/11 days. I’m not the quickest guy in the world!!

Faster than me :D

I doubt that mate.. I’m the slowest there is!!! Haha

:D

Well I have to ask how did you get on with the wiring remember when you started you wouldn't of touched it ?

:D

Well I have to ask how did you get on with the wiring remember when you started you wouldn't of touched it ?
Lol you know what.. I was really excited to do it as it was my first fresh system and the wiring was no issue.. wired it up, switched it on and everything worked!! Happy days! Had to check the cylinder stat wiring as I’ve never done that before but yeah.. probably the easiest part of the whole job.. who’d have thought eh ;)

Lol you know what.. I was really excited to do it as it was my first fresh system and the wiring was no issue.. wired it up, switched it on and everything worked!! Happy days! Had to check the cylinder stat wiring as I’ve never done that before but yeah.. probably the easiest part of the whole job.. who’d have thought eh ;)
I love wiring a fresh centre where nobody else has ever been. Like a fresh virgins honey pot.:D;)

Nothing wrong with that mate and it looks awesome. One for the portfolio.

Spot on jay

Think you've cursed me :D

Since yesterday I've had two unvented cylinder jobs come out

IMG_3438.JPG

IMG_3444.JPG

Spot on jay

Think you've cursed me :D

Since yesterday I've had two unvented cylinder jobs come out

View attachment 32998

View attachment 32999
I literally called my mate last night about this. Have not touched an unvented in ages. And now I have been to 4 in the last week. All Miles apart from each other. Whilst I have you all, went to this yesterday. There is a whole world of issues but not sure about this one? Vaillant unvented 260L cylinder on an EcoTec plus 837 combi and the expansion tank is piped straight into the inlet control valve. If I remember correctly this shouldn’t be like that, but a second opinion would be good.

19A681A0-5006-4F4E-BC85-1B776C3781C6.jpeg

I literally called my mate last night about this. Have not touched an unvented in ages. And now I have been to 4 in the last week. All Miles apart from each other. Whilst I have you all, went to this yesterday. There is a whole world of issues but not sure about this one? Vaillant unvented 260L cylinder on an EcoTec plus 837 combi and the expansion tank is piped straight into the inlet control valve. If I remember correctly this shouldn’t be like that, but a second opinion would be good.

View attachment 33000
Expansion has to be between the inlet valve and cylinder..

That’s what my understand is but I’m sure i have seen somewhere that on the Vaillant’s they set up differently. But waiting for Vaillant to email instructions out.

It can be piped into the control block / manifold but it needs to be in the right port eg the expansion one and not the balanced cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My first cylinder install with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock