1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Myson Actuator Issues in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Robaxter02

Robaxter02 New Member

Hi,

I have UFH heating downstairs installed new just over 2 yrs ago but I think one of my actuators isn't working. When the stat is turned on the red indicator doesn't lift so I'm thinking the actuator is damaged. The flow meter is working for the room when you remove the actuator but something's just not right. Currently it's way too warm sitting at around 25deg. Is this a simple actuator change out? Is there any way I can check to see if there is any other problems? All other rooms work fine. The system is on a 10 way manifold of each of the zones and the pump is working fine when I adjust the room stat.

2. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

The actuators are fairly cheap, so first port if call, would be change it. After that, it could be the valve passing. Removal and a clean should sort that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Uheat – Wojtek

Uheat – Wojtek Sponsor

Hi Robaxter02,

you are correct, looks like an actuator is gone.
    The reason why there's so warm now in that room is because there's no actuator to restrict the flow to that circuit.
    Please let me see the photo of your manifold and I'll see if I can supply an actoatur for you.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robaxter02

Robaxter02 New Member

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the feedback. I've actually ordered an actuator (24v) to suit my system but thanks for the offer Wojtek. I'll let you know if I manage to get it fixed.

5. Robaxter02

Robaxter02 New Member

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the feedback. I've actually ordered an actuator (24v) to suit my system but thanks for the offer Wojtek. I'll let you know if I manage to get it fixed.

• Like Like x 1