Search the forum,

Discuss Myson iVector Compatibility in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

Hope you can help

Just opened up my dining room and kitchen.
I would like to remove the existing Double Panel Rad in the dining room to a Myson Fan Convector (iVector) which was recently given to me by a family member in unused condition.

On reading the literature it states it has to be plumbed into a closed system, mine is vented and requires 15mm pipework for the flow/return where mine looks like 10mm outer diameter.

I have spoken to a couple of tradesman who have said it will work fine while some say i will have flow issues

Can someone confirm and clarify the potential issues please

Many Thanks

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/myson-ivector-fan-convector.482529/#ixzz4hHb9adSX

Will be ok on a vented system but pipe dia needs it be 15mm or bigger depending on length of run

Hi ShaunCorbs

Thanks for the reply, can you offer some further thoughts if possible please. The current flow/return pipes are in the dining room wall (not deep) i think from memory when i removed some boards in my lads bedroom the pipe diameter looked like 22mm. Am i correct in thinking i could T into this with 15mm pipework for the I Vector?

Many thanks in advance

Hi ShaunCorbs

Thanks for the reply, can you offer some further thoughts if possible please. The current flow/return pipes are in the dining room wall (not deep) i think from memory when i removed some boards in my lads bedroom the pipe diameter looked like 22mm. Am i correct in thinking i could T into this with 15mm pipework for the I Vector?

Many thanks in advance

Yes that would work

You could leave the existing pipes in the wall and just disconnect them above and install the 15mm in trunking

If this is ok have a look at talon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson iVector Compatibility in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

can someone clarify for me pls. I have a vailant plus 630 R1. Approx 18 years. Clean as a whistle as recently had power flush inc chems so know all is clean and well. Despite setting the rad temp to say 75*, it rarely if ever runs to that temp. it’s generally max at 60* and as low as 50*...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
Evening all First off a big hello from a sparky to all you fellow Plumbers/Gas Engineers out there. I'm not here to say who's better than who and I really do hope you will all show me mercy as I will admit even I have limitations, hence why I am here to ask for help. Basically, I have...
Replies
Views
Q1). RAD above height of CH Boiler & Expansion Tank? IDEAL ELAN 2 RS30: Vented/Semi Gravity CH System? or feasibly this would prevent the CH system from working properly, as it lacks the force to supply water in an upwards direction even with an EXTERNAL PUMP after the CH BOILERS FLOW output...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
D
Hi all, I apologies in advance for what might become a long post, and for my inaccuracies in any naming terms, and lastly, for my complete lack of knowledge of anything plumbing related. Background: I live in a three story townhouse, and I have recently spotted a sizable water stain mark on my...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock