Search the forum,

Discuss Myson KS10 classic OR KS11 ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Magma82

Hi all,

I am about to purchase a vertical radiator for the kitchen and need some advice on which out of the two I should purchase.

KS10 classic decor
Output (Watts). 1308
Output (BTUs). 4463

KS11 decor
Output (Watts) 1268
Output (BTUs). 4326

Dimensions
Width (mm) 574
Height (mm) 1800

The only difference I can see is that the KS11 comes with top grilles and side panels but this seems to provide a lower heat output. I also prefer the single panel look of the KS10 and it is £40 cheaper.

Can anyone offer some advice on which to purchase please?

Thanks

It's your personal preference, same radiator just a slightly different trim from the KS10 to the KS11. I know which one I would go for, the one which you prefer. And with just a 0.06Kw difference, the output it does not really come into the equation! You would not notice the difference at all. So the one you like at £40 cheaper you've answered your own question so to speak.

Thanks for the input Darren.

KS10 it is!

I've been quoted £170 to fit (2 lengths of new copper and trvs included)

Does that sound reasonable?

Cheers

Different parts of country will have different rates my friend, it does sound reasonable for my neck of the woods, but every job is different and needs to be priced accordingly by coming out to see exactly what is involved and there is no hidden horrors to accommodate. Get at least 3 quotes and don't necessarily pick the cheapest. Check our their work and reputation and pick the one that you feel most comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson KS10 classic OR KS11 ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We may need to replace our boiler - the OLDER version Worcester Bosch 35Cdi (see images attached) Our home is a 1920's Semi 5 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 5 x Large (1800mm) Double Panel Radiators 1 x Large (1800mm) Single Panel Radiator 3 x Medium (1400mm) Double Panel Radiators 2 x Short...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
A
Hi – There are actually four questions I’m hoping you can help with – shown at the end of the post. In my living room even with the radiator on full blast pretty much all the time (and scorching to the touch), the room is never what you’d call cosy. It has one radiator at the door (600mm...
Replies
Views
Gents, I hope this is the correct forum. The situation I have is that, as an afterthought, a customer would like to place a multi fuel stove in a corner of a room, within a single storey barn conversion. One wall is an external wall of brick and block construction. It will be cement rendered...
Replies
Views
M
Hi Guys Hoping somebody on here can help, I am looking to replace some radiators in my house which I know are over 32 years old (we bought house off partners parents and they never changed em) but I've no way of telling their output, the radiators are quite distinctive if you could identify...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock