Search the forum,

Discuss Myson Midas Si in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lingfield

Morning All

Before you all burst out laughing I have a query regarding a Myson Midas Si combi.

I’ve seen these boilers slated on various forums but I’ve had mine since they first appeared about 30yrs ago and this is only the third time it’s thrown a wobbly.

Like various equipment the pcb is probably it’s Achilles heel but having replaced it with a brand new board the problem persists.

The DHC works fine, the CH works fine. But not simultaneously.
The problem should be obvious but having changed both the main pcb and the programme selector I’m now at the head scratching stage!

Example – Programme set to CH on / HW off – CH working fine

Switch to CH on / HW constant and the CH pump immediately switches off.
Am I missing something obvious here?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thank you
Ian

I would say you are missing a good Heating Engineer.
You are supposed to be Gas safe registered to work on any gas appliance.
Are you registered ?
If you are you can send your card details in and join the gas safe crew

Nothing wrong with the Myson Midas SI, although 30 years is stretching it a bit.

It was the Myson Midas B (balanced flue version) that was the complete dog.

Apart from that, Last Plumber has given you the best advice you are likely to get here.

I would say you are missing a good Heating Engineer.
You are supposed to be Gas safe registered to work on any gas appliance.
Are you registered ?
If you are you can send your card details in and join the gas safe crew

Thank you so much, that's really helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson Midas Si in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock