Search the forum,

Discuss national utility solutions - anyone used them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andygas

I have contacted them regarding their contracts - They offer a min of 400 jobs per year and want £2000 up front that covers you for 2 years

Anyone worked for them or know anyone who has ? Cheers

I'm a bit sceptical, if they offer a min of 400 jobs per year why do they need £2000 up front. If you don't get the 400 jobs do they give you your money back. What else do you have to agree to?

400 jobs per year thats more than 1 per day 365 days per year.........

If its too good to be true it probably is..... maybe its me though I'm just suspicious by nature.

They said if they dont give you the min 400 a year they give you the £2000 back - still not sure tho

I'm just suspicious, what gurantee have you got that you'll get your money back.

If you've got £2k then I'd spend it on advertising in the area yourself..... how can they gurantee a job every day for 2 years?

Or do you get nothing for 4 months then on the 5th month they give you 100 jobs more than half of them bogus knowing that you can't cope with that level of work.....

The only guarantee is the contract which i v read thru thoroughly it stipulates the min jobs is 400 if i dont receive 400 im entitled to my money back, however if it was 300 i d probably face a load of red tape etc.... b4 that happens i guess.

Im also sceptical but feel i may be letting a good opportunity pass by, I v already spent £500 on advertising with yell.com and 118118 within the last month and that still is waiting to really generate calls due to weather change if i did get a contract that could generate at least 1 job a day that would take a huge amount of weight off my shoulders, but if i waste £2000 it would increase 10 fold............... head saying no, heart saying yes !!!

I'd go with your head. Spend £50 on 200 business cards and deliver them door to door. With luck(?) you'll generate 4-5 jobs within a month. I started 3 years ago and delivered around 1200 cards over 2-3 weeks and spent £400 on graphics for my van. It took a while to get going but last winter I was out everyday from October to March, usually for the full day.

The more business you can pull in from recommendation the better the types of jobs will be and the less you'll be spending on advertising (so having more money for yourself). In a recession, advertising is very expensive for the return. When times are busier it's more difficult to find tradesmen who are free so people tend to look at adverts. Of course, someone in the advertising sector will tell you this is coddeswallop and it's more important to advertise in a recession but that's because they're desperate to keep their companies going too!

I have been going for around 4.5 years now but this time of year when its quite i panic and start considering other thing. Like you a was mad busy over winter but this is the first time ive been quite since sep

Sorry - I'd assumed you were new!!

Is there another qualification that you could do (say HETAS) or research into renewables or learn about electricity?

Just a thought - and hope the phone goes this evening!!

I get suspicious of any firm offering me work, or cold callers making out they can get me on the front page of Google, I have heard it all before and I wont be caught out again!!!
I would'nt go anywhere near this firm either, i suspect there guaranteed refund has more t&c's than you or I can read through... Firms like this dont give money back to us little guys!!!
Try googling the company, normally gives alot of info if its dodgy or not! =]

Hello,

Thought I'd post this thread regarding our experience of National Utility Solutions:

Initially we received an email offering us the chance to tender for a 2 year contract worth at least 400 jobs per year for two years. (Contract LN222) As a new business we were very interested. I spoke to Matthew White who went through the basics of the contract with me and got his boss to ring me later. Had the phone call from the boss who again went through the process with me. Both calls lasted at least 20 minutes each.

Had a conference call on Friday 1st April with three people from NUS, lasted about half an hour where I told them what services we could offer, prices etc. I asked why the contract had come up for tender and they said it was because in previous years engineers had to travel a distance and they wanted to have contracts for engineers within a 25 mile radius. They said they wanted to get the ball rolling as they had a meeting with their clients on the Monday and they wanted an engineer in place. When they rang to say we had won the contract we were obviously very excited. An econtract was emailed through for us to sign. All looked ok and official. Anyway, I went straight to the bank and transferred the money.

Tuesday the following week we received a receipt for the money and a welcome pack - complete with spelling mistakes. But hey? anyone can make a mistake can't they? We also very strangely received an almost identical email from the very first one we had been sent saying do we want to tender for a new contract - same number as the one we had just won!

Have rang NUS a few times to be told that they are sorting admin out, i.e. registering our gas safe cert, public liability etc. Only sniff of a job we have had is via a company called G3 energy (who do not get very good comments when I researched them, non payment being the main one). They said NUS had contacted them with our details and could we do a CP12 at a property an hour away? I have arranged it for next week but am trying to convince the boss not to do it, I think its too good to be true and we were dazzled by a big contract.

Further research has revealed that Nat Utility Solutions (not National) is registered at the London address given on the welcome pack but has in fact only been established since November 2010.

I fear we have been taken for fools and would strongly recommend others not to part with their money. I will keep you posted on events and hope that I can be proved wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
A recently set up company, making someone pay to get jobs.

My old boss used to tell me never to pay to get a job, unless it's a b.j. Not sure what that meant! :eek:

I got a phone call a couple of months ago asking if I would like to advertise in so and sos magazine which had a circulation of 500,000 or so. Did a bit of digging and it was given out around Birmingham and Manchester and I am based in N Yorkshire. What a joke!

They've sent me an email today, I think you'd be mad to pay them a penny. Their website has no kind of presence on any of the search engines for common search terms, they say their based at 14 Hanover Square London, which is nothing other than a virtual office. On a whois check their website is registered out in the USA, they also have another similar site here called national home reports.com which is based @ 72 Bond Street another virtual office and 100 yds from the other address. Dont be fooled by the glossy website and all the logo's they show on their emails and website. If you've got £2k to gamble I think you'd be better of doing 4 & 2 on the 7.30 @ Romford dogs this coming Friday:D

i have also got the same offer from them but i think it is a scam. £2000 upfront if they get that from 50 company`s around england then they are £`s in. they never even asked me if i was insured and when i said i didnt want to do electrics just the gas work he was not put off why would any company want to have to get another company in when they can get 1 firm to do both gas and electrics. he said it was a min 400 jobs up towards 2000 jobs. i think i will keep my money thanks all the same

I was just trying to find the address for National Utility Solutions and couldn't on their website. So I checked their WHOIS records for their domain name, which they have protected. However their domain name servers being used for the domain are ns1.nationalhomereports.com. When I checked their website out, the contact details are as follows:

GROUP 3 ENERGY SOLUTIONS LTD

Blue Square House
272 Bath Street
Glasgow
G2 4JR

Call on: 0845 519 2612

Which suggest they are in fact something to do with Group 3 Energy. Something the owner of the company claimed he is not anything to do with. In his words "we have nothing to do with this lesser reputable companies such as Group 3 Energy".

Last edited:
Don't get much of a chance to chat on the forum these days, way too busy marketing...never a dull moment being a plumber!!!

Anyway, I got yet another of NUS's emails today and thought I'd check out to see if anyone on here had heard from them too. This thread has proved most useful so thanks to everyone who's contributed, everything you’ve all said has confirmed my suspicions that they’re just a bunch of scammers…

We were contacted early March 2011 by NUS. Work was slowly drying up due to the turn of weather and the issues with the warmfront contracts so we were looking for work .Since setting up the company my husband had agreed to many scams, advertising in nonexistent magazines, getting on the front page of google, etc which I had had to sort out so I was very sceptical. Low and behold we were told we won the tender for our area and would have work from council, housing association and private lettings. Having googled them it all looked legit (this forum was not running then!) and we parted with the £2010. The contract is set out and it agrees to 400 jobs over 2 years. If they do not deliver the jobs then we get our money back. To date we have not had one job. Initially we had to wait due to the administration of the contract, then for the work to come in. Now they have contacted us stating we have over priced ourselves out of the area (not too sure why they didnt tell us this before we parted with our money) apparently engineers in our area are providing landlord checks for £35 + vat. It is very hard not to be tempted due to this industry being so seasonal but would recommed to stay well clear.
I will keep you posted to see if we ever receive a job.

hi
i checked and came to know the directors of this company were involved in scams earlier.

when i asked them that i want to speak to other gas engineers they have contracted. they send me some random address from gas safe register and with my gas safe number!!! when i contacted that company they said they have nothing to do with NUS.

stay away!

hi
i checked and came to know the directors of this company were involved in scams earlier.

when i asked them that i want to speak to other gas engineers they have contracted. they send me some random address from gas safe register and with my gas safe number!!! when i contacted that company they said they have nothing to do with NUS.

stay away!

Hi we have been contacted as well they charge now £1600 for a min of 425 jobs in our area for 2years, a quick check on companies house shows the company was registered 03/11/2010 they have not submitted any accounts, ( as to be expected with a new company)

So realistically what there offering is unsubstantiated, so avoid....

Baggs

Thanks guys, just been approached by these and by service magic. Both are a scam from what i've found out. Shouldn't be allowed. Stay away and although I was tempted it is too good to be true.

these companies are the scum of the earth very often you pay them then they disappear leaving you out of pocket. oh and welcome to the forums.

I didn't do it lightly. I did some research/called a reference. See their Internet page. I've since found out their address at Hanover Street on the website is 'virtual' ....probably set up by a company who provide 'look we operate from a prestigious property'. I'm sure the other addresses are 'virtual' too. The website operates from Los Angeles, outside of European Law. These people will not meet face-to-face to discuss ... just threaten legal action from their Legal Department. I wish I had found this website before parting with my dosh. Their should be a 'central' website set upby somebody to list these dodgy firms. Maybe I'll start one !

Hi everyone,

I've just been sent an email from this company. They're offering a 2 year contract with a guaranteed amount of 435 properties - costing £1683.00 + vat. I was sceptical, and now feel reassured with my instincts! Sorry to hear some of you have been conned by them :-( It's been a tough year, especially with the Warmfront work drying up - it's a very competitve market. I wish everyone a prosperous scam free new year.

I had the email. Phoned them to see what it was all about. Then they tried telling me there were 3 companies bidding for the work in area and tried getting me in a conference call with some so called big wig. It sooner dawned on me this was a sales pitch and told them no ta.
A well rehersed con I think!

The address on their website is just a PO BOx ... as are others ... DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH THEM ..... DON'T PART WITH ANY MONEY
Hello,

Thought I'd post this thread regarding our experience of National Utility Solutions:

Initially we received an email offering us the chance to tender for a 2 year contract worth at least 400 jobs per year for two years. (Contract LN222) As a new business we were very interested. I spoke to Matthew White who went through the basics of the contract with me and got his boss to ring me later. Had the phone call from the boss who again went through the process with me. Both calls lasted at least 20 minutes each.

Had a conference call on Friday 1st April with three people from NUS, lasted about half an hour where I told them what services we could offer, prices etc. I asked why the contract had come up for tender and they said it was because in previous years engineers had to travel a distance and they wanted to have contracts for engineers within a 25 mile radius. They said they wanted to get the ball rolling as they had a meeting with their clients on the Monday and they wanted an engineer in place. When they rang to say we had won the contract we were obviously very excited. An econtract was emailed through for us to sign. All looked ok and official. Anyway, I went straight to the bank and transferred the money.

Tuesday the following week we received a receipt for the money and a welcome pack - complete with spelling mistakes. But hey? anyone can make a mistake can't they? We also very strangely received an almost identical email from the very first one we had been sent saying do we want to tender for a new contract - same number as the one we had just won!

Have rang NUS a few times to be told that they are sorting admin out, i.e. registering our gas safe cert, public liability etc. Only sniff of a job we have had is via a company called G3 energy (who do not get very good comments when I researched them, non payment being the main one). They said NUS had contacted them with our details and could we do a CP12 at a property an hour away? I have arranged it for next week but am trying to convince the boss not to do it, I think its too good to be true and we were dazzled by a big contract.

Further research has revealed that Nat Utility Solutions (not National) is registered at the London address given on the welcome pack but has in fact only been established since November 2010.

I fear we have been taken for fools and would strongly recommend others not to part with their money. I will keep you posted on events and hope that I can be proved wrong.

they are a con I have not received a refund. told 400 jobs got 20 for £1600.
the contact was sold by tony bailey. Dominic Watson was my U.K Contract Manager, Michael Watson is now the U.K Contract Manager. one month of trying to get a refund with no luck so be careful with this lot.
I also recived two marketing emails after being sold my contact with them selling the contract that has already been sold.

hi there, just joined forum so i can comment on these guys. Was contacted today with pretty much the same speil as already mentioned £1659.00 for 2 year contract on promise of 425 houses and ..."sorry i am late ringing you back but was in a meeting with the directors". Thought i would research company before i took it any further action...lucky for me i came across this forum (although i did think there was a rabbit away because it sounded to good to be true!) They have emailed me contract to read and sign and send back by no later than Wednesday because "we need to get moving on this right away". As already stated there should be laws against this type of company and i shall personally be ringing Gas Safe to see what can be done.

Report them to Watchdog and the OFT as well. If I get a call from them I will be straight onto OFT.

I understand there is a "cooling off period" under UK law for this sort of thing but I'm not sure of thedetails.

Last edited:
If they are a Scottish company and registered here in Scotland, Companies House will supply you with all the information you need for a small fee.

I have been contacted by this company NUS Limited and i am in the north London area. They offered us a contract of 400 jobs a year, we would have to pay them £1800 + VAT, the guy was very pushy, i have had several phone calls from them and i have been transferred to the "contract manager"!! The guys were both Scottish that i spoke to and called off an 01503 number so BEWARE they are using different numbers. They seem very legit when speaking to them they ask you about your qualifications, public liability and they went on to say they had bathroom installations, voids, gas certs and they dealt with Lanes estate agents which have hundreds of properties. Luckily we looked this up before parting with any money.

How is this sort of thing even legal?!

A different question might be: 'What are they doing that could possibly be illegal?'

Sorry to say, the answer is Nothing! These guys are taking a leaf from a book written by the Labour government encouraged by a bunch of well-meaning do-gooders who thought that 'certification' of service providers would be good for preventing rubbish work and a cheap alternative to proper trade training. The initial result was schemes such as TrustMark (see Website of the UK government : Directgov). The fatal flaw is that they had to be cheap (or entirely without any contribution from public funds - ie. taxes). So most/all of these schemes are either VERY expensive to join and/or operated by some 'interest group' on behalf of members (so you can guess whose interests are being looked after first!).

And, of course, once these 'official' schemes got started, scammers and others saw an opportunity and they all joined in!

I bet that they're all quite careful to stay legal and they probably can produce at least some 'satisfied customers' from both sides of the contracts they set up. However, they will always be an unnecessary overhead and I doubt very much if there's any way, legal or otherwise, to create 'good' schemes and keeping out the scammers.

So avoid ALL of these schemes, treat them like unpleasant STIs, and take every opportunity to persuade others to do likewise.

Another problem is that there are certain large 'service providers' who try to mop up the whole domestic market by offering consumers everything (plumbing, gas-fitting, electrical, drain work, ...) and then using cheap, under-trained staff and/or subbies to do the actual work. In terms of quality and impact on 'traditional' tradespeople, they're much the same as the aforementioned scammers!

Hi lady apprentice I to fell for there scam back in 2011 .neverhad one job total scammers i have since reported them to trading standards and are waiting to hear back. I would be interested to know if you have reported them or if you have managed to get your money back ? And what channels you have gone through to get. Your money back. As hopefully if the people who have been scammed all go through the same avenues of reporting them we may stand better chance of recovering our money or at least putting these scumbags out of business for good

I have contacted them regarding their contracts - They offer a min of 400 jobs per year and want £2000 up front that covers you for 2 years

Anyone worked for them or know anyone who has ? Cheers

SEE THIS -

Further to our telephone conversation, I can confirm that the domain name nationalutilitysolutions.com and echosign.com were bought from a company call Namecheap.com. Namecheap.com's registered address is:
Administrative Contact: NameCheap, Inc NameCheap.com NameCheap.com ([email protected]) +1.6613102107 Fax: +1.6613102107 11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200 Los Angeles, CA 90064 US
This company will purchase domain names on companies behalf and hide their details, all emails are then sent to namecheap.com who pass them onto the company in the UK.
You can check who owns any domain name by using the following website Whois Lookup & IP | Whois.net, unfortunately nationalutilitysolutions have chosen to use a .com address and purchased their domain name from a foreign company to hide their company details (this is illegal in the UK and if using a .co.uk address)

put a 'case' together and ask your credit card company (if you paid that way) to 'reverse transaction' ..... it's taken me 18 months but I've just got my £2k back !!! GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to national utility solutions - anyone used them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct. We had a Megaflo and boiler professionally installed as part of a renovation a couple of years ago. I will add all of the pipework was done by this...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. This is to do with a house not yet bought; the oil access issue may well be a deal-breaker. The house in question has its oil tank in the back garden. Oil deliveries have historically been made via the integral garage which has a door at the back which leads into an extension...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Love
Hi ladies and gents, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. As some of you are aware, I'm currently the owner of a newsagent's shop out in the sticks in Italy. Very long story, but I didn't want to close an 80-year old business if I didn't have to. It was never part of the plan and I intend to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock