Discuss Need assistance with cylinder config in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I have a screw that's gone through a pipe under some flooring. I've got everything up and I'm trying to figure out which pipe it has actually gone through.

This is on my folks old open vented system. I've attached some photos so you hopefully know what I'm on about.

I can't tell which pipe the screw is through because there are two running next to each other and without removing it, I can't see it properly. Obviously I don't want to remove it without knowing what to isolate first.

One of the pipes comes out the bottom of the central heating pump. The other comes out the bottom of the cylinder itself (assumed it was the return from the boiler but it seems to also be teed off to a hot water supply to the bathroom?)

I just can't work out the configuration in the airing cupboard. Pics are attached (hopefully)

Please help!

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

The first pipe maybe the cold water feed to the cylinder from the big tank..........the other pipe cause its on the pump circuit is on the c/h side fed from the f&e - small tank. So to protect you you will have to drain down the lot - others will have a look and advise. you could close the gate valves on both tanks but thats only an intermediate solution
and minimise damage

Hey. Thanks for you reply.

It's definitely not the cold feed. That comes in the other side of the tank. My folks got some very non-standard people in to fit their wet room and now there's pipes running everywhere.

I can't work it out because after the Ch pump there's a hw feed to the bathroom!

The pipe to the pump is boiler flow, the one with the 1"gate valve return to boiler, the 22 m/m copper pipe on back wall is vent/cold?feed,bottom port heating flow,top port cylinder feed,15 m/m bypass.

Hi there. How do you need to know which on it is ? Aslong as it's on the boiler heating or hot water circuit then you'll still need to drain fix n refill . If it's for isolating then best just drain the system n fix.
Like said above the pump will be on the flow or the return and the pipe your seeing is the coil flow or return it's hard to make out pics but your fault defo sounds like heating circuit.

Reply to Need assistance with cylinder config in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back