Search the forum,

Discuss need help asap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jess holli

Hi last night and again just now ive been sat here and a well dont know how to explain it, thump! yeh maybe a thump sound and then a horrible rumbling sound. It sounds like drilling in the wall next to me. I have ran to the boiler and turned it off quickly as i panic. I have rand my landlord just now and told him ive turned it off as something wrong so no hot water or heating and he said he wont get any one around now as not paying a call out but he will poss call someone tomorrow depending on price. He is not a good landlord really cant wait till end of tenancy but need to put it back on as freezing in here. please help for now

Not a lot you can do. If the landlord is having an engineer there tomorrow, you need to wait. Besides, you shouldn't mess with a boiler, especially if it's gas.
Get a ceramic heater on for tonight. :smile:

Why did you choose the boiler as the source of the sound?

last night the noise was coming from radiator in my bedroom walked around room and floor trembling by where old emergancy boiler used to be in airer cupboard. went down stairs noise got louder, went into the wet room and was coming from the boiler really loud and same just now x

last night the noise was coming from radiator in my bedroom walked around room and floor trembling by where old emergancy boiler used to be in airer cupboard. went down stairs noise got louder, went into the wet room and was coming from the boiler really loud and same just now x

no lol the noise is from the boiler that is the only way of describing it x

Thanks, good thought process there.
Sounds like a new boiler installed yer? When?

How long was noise going on for last night?
Did you turn it off last night as well or did the noise stop after x minutes?

Just had a thought, - is there a small copper pipe sticking outside through the wall on opposite side to boiler? Maybe PRV blowing off. It can make a thumping hammering sound as the valve cams on & off.
Still needs an engineer in to sort everything, but would be a good pointer for them.

Last night the noise lasted for about 5 minutes well thats how long took me to get to boiler once discovered was that. when turned boiler off noise went. Today noise came again and I ran to boiler straight away to turn of but noise stayed for a minute or two afterwards x

i just turned boiler on about 10 mins ago and noise happened staraight away. turned back off straight away as proper scaring me. Noise only just this second gone as typing. its a loud trembling noise. in the past my hubby has had to keep topping the boiler up as we lose pressure and im talking every week.

Pump. The boiler is boiling the water within the pipe work as so it bangs and rattles. Get your landlord to sort a plumber out asap.

Last night the noise lasted for about 5 minutes well thats how long took me to get to boiler once discovered was that. when turned boiler off noise went. Today noise came again and I ran to boiler straight away to turn of but noise stayed for a minute or two afterwards x

Your giving good answers Jess and I`m backing out now and leaving it to others that know more than I. Hopefully someone will say if safe to turn on again or leave it off.

If noise stayed on for a minute or two after boiler was turned off, then it might well be water hammer due to the prv discharging.

haha im not worried about me i can wear me fluffy pjs and dressing gown hubby in work till morning. its the kids and puppy i need to keep warm. trying to get some heaters now as not turning it back on. And ringing my landlord back at 8am even if it wakes him as i know plumbers work at that time and need someone asap. Its scary sounds like trying to come of the wall. As im a girl i dont really know about what type or how old it says alpine on it at the top on a little white box haha x x thank you all for your help ***

Hopefully you get it sorted soon(i know how gash some landlords can be).

If noise stayed on for a minute or two after boiler was turned off, then it might well be water hammer due to the prv discharging.

I had this about 8 years ago my mate knocked the filling loop on by mistake and prv was making an awful noises.till I turned the loop of and let the pressure off and set it back at 1.2 bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need help asap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock