Search the forum,

Discuss Need help trying to make a two zoned system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a Worcester system boiler and unvented tank got two runs coming from the boiler flow and return 28mm pipe .flow aiming upstairs through three port valve to radiators and unvented .the flow then is going into two directions going upstairs and downstairs as the flow pipe feeds the whole system where would I put my zone valves need answer quick thanks in advance (the aim is to be able to shut off downstairs or upstairs)

got a Worcester system boiler and unvented tank got two runs coming from the boiler flow and return 28mm pipe .flow aiming upstairs through three port valve to radiators and unvented .the flow then is going into two directions going upstairs and downstairs as the flow pipe feeds the whole system where would I put my zone valves need answer quick thanks in advance (the aim is to be able to shut off downstairs or upstairs)

Systems with an unvented cylinder need to be modified by a 'G3 unvented' qualified competent person. You should discuss your requirements with them. A standard solution would be to convert to an S-plan+ configuration.

Depending on the cost of the conversion to S-plan+, you should consider other approaches to the problem. e.g. a couple of smart TRVs to turn off upstairs during the day.

The energy savings from zoning can be disappointing. A heating engineer should be able to give you an estimate, but what is possible in theory can be difficult to achieve in practice.

Systems with an unvented cylinder need to be modified by a 'G3 unvented' qualified competent person. You should discuss your requirements with them. A standard solution would be to convert to an S-plan+ configuration.

Depending on the cost of the conversion to S-plan+, you should consider other approaches to the problem. e.g. a couple of smart TRVs to turn off upstairs during the day.

The energy savings from zoning can be disappointing. A heating engineer should be able to give you an estimate, but what is possible in theory can be difficult to achieve in practice.
I am qualified the unvented don't need disturbing as it's on a 3 port I just need to know how I get the flow back down stairs do I run a separate pipe or tee back into the same original flow pipe

Not sure I've understood your question - you can have a y plan system with a 2 port safety valve for the uv cylinder but you can't have a mix of 2 & 3 port valves for zoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need help trying to make a two zoned system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock