Discuss NEED to Find Gas Registered PLUMBER in East London ASAP!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GasSayef

Hi im new in here, very excited to read as much threads as possible and take chance in learning more about the plumbing industry as im sure most of you guy in been in the trade for many years.... My Hats off to you guys :rockon2:

Now let me introduce my self, im living in East London currently working fulltime in a boring job (boooo hooo), i started my Plumbing Course at BTSC in Surrey 2years ago, gave up with them due to travel and their demands to high to pass!!, the City & Guilds exam was a piece of cake BUT the BTSC exam was a real pain in the back side!!…… SO I gave up on them took a year gap until I found another place in East London were I can go straight into Gas License.

I’m on my third week of APL and then CCN1 after that. I love the place where I’m training. My teacher is a top notch lad and he is also the assessor so the level of teaching is great.

BUT……….. I have a Portfolio to complete and I have to find a Gas Safe Registered Plumber and work under his/her’s supervision, so I’m here to advertise myself and my service to grab an opportunity to work free of charge for an Gas Safe Registered Plumber ONLY I am living in East London I have my own vehicle and I get 2 days off a week from my job, Fridays is occupied for my course so unfortunately I won’t be able to give that day and any other day or evening I will be available to help out to gain some knowledge and get my portfolio completed.

Many Thanks for reading (sorry if some people found it boring snoring LOL) and Many Many thanks if anyone reply.

This looks cool had to use it LOOLZ -----> :34:

I was thinking of setting up a company offering a portfolio completion for all dometic tickets. So I could let candidates do all the work that I have generated and that I get paid for whilst I sit and guide them and take a fee for providing the service.
I reckon I could be onto a winner
I reckon about £50,000 per candidate which they easy earn back in one year when they are RGI

I was thinking of setting up a company offering a portfolio completion for all dometic tickets. So I could let candidates do all the work that I have generated and that I get paid for whilst I sit and guide them and take a fee for providing the service.
I reckon I could be onto a winner
I reckon about £50,000 per candidate which they easy earn back in one year when they are RGI

there are plenty doing it already and making an absolute fortune. 50 quid a pop each off 6 lads for every gas job, they pose for pics and build up portfolio.......................but no skills,

can make hundreds from every boiler service, fire service etc.

basically just cashing in on the vast numbers of fast trackers who need experience but can't find an apprenticeship or job

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that no one i've called has the time to train us fast trackers or anybody else and i've tried the phone book in London.
With no one willing to train where are the next gen going to go but with a portfolio building company.
its a catch 22.

Thanks for the reply guy's.......

Tim_Young i know how you exactly feel mate, people like me and you are out there revising, working, paying for this oppurtunity to get into the industry so we can LEGALLY carry out gas works (which is the right thing to do) but there we got a problem at the end of the journey were its a dead end unless we find a plumber that is willing to take you on..

its kind of upsetting but i guess i'll have to keep looking for someone

Thanks for the reply guy's.......

Tim_Young i know how you exactly feel mate, people like me and you are out there revising, working, paying for this oppurtunity to get into the industry so we can LEGALLY carry out gas works (which is the right thing to do) but there we got a problem at the end of the journey were its a dead end unless we find a plumber that is willing to take you on..

its kind of upsetting but i guess i'll have to keep looking for someone

Problem is your asking someone to guide you through and teach you the skills you need, unfortunately, time is money and if an experienced guy is teaching you/checking your work its taking more time than just doing it himself. Also if you've got little or no plumbing experience, they may be thinking well can you bend tube, solder etc.

I think the main reason is though, why would someone help you when all there doing is training the competition. Your 100% right though, catch 22.

I've been quite lucky, I was hanging around my local shop and a gas fitter had too much to do in a day and as jobs backed up I explained that I'd help doing him, doing his rubbish jobs, ball valves and basin taps. He asked how much, I explained that he owed me a big favour, if I get stuck I can pick up the phone and he'll help!

I got lucky and have not looked back. He now pays me! I also get quite a few bits and bobs from his customers, jobs he doesn't want. Right place at the right time I suppose

i guess you were lucky mate and im happy to hear that, but for my side of the story is i know how to plumb, bend pipes, soldier and most of the plumbing fitting BUT what i need is a witness for my Gas Portfolio to singed off and they dont really need to take me no were....

i spoke to Gas Safe Register yesterday and they are fully aware of this sticky situation going on with the portfolio section, so the bloke advised me to either do the required jobs my self, fill in the portfolio my self as well, take the pictures write up what i did and then see if i can find a Gas Plumber to read it and approve if i did it according to Gas Safe Regulation..

Well i guess i'll have to give that a try now......

hey Gassayef, i went to BTSC, have just completed my ACS, and am near you, where abouts are you located?, i'd be happy to help, private message me, and im sure we can come to a arrangement and agreement, i know exactly how btsc works been theyre for 3 years and now finished last week, so drop us a private message, id help.

Cheers Budz just messaged you now Hardy1, hopefully we can come to an arrangment ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NEED to Find Gas Registered PLUMBER in East London ASAP!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back