Search the forum,

Discuss Neighbours flat activates my boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbour upstairs, when their boiler turns on in the morning and evening my boiler makes a firing up noise for continues for about an hour.

Any suggestions?

Ps. My water pressure is also affected when they turn on their water.

If your on a shared water supply then a check valve on the incoming cold supply should help . cheers kop

Would that include a valve in my neighboring flat? I don't seem to have a stopcock in my flat.
How is my boiler affected?

What does the boiler display show while this is happening?

They definitely have their own boiler, as I am aware.
I can hear them in the bathroom and that's when my boiler starts to make a sound like it's on - but it's not - the display reads zero.
I also experience this when they turn on their heating at 5.30am. Despite my boiler being off it starts to make the usual humming sound like it would if it were operating. I also hear it trying to push water around my central heating pipes.

They definitely have their own boiler, as I am aware.
I can hear them in the bathroom and that's when my boiler starts to make a sound like it's on - but it's not - the display reads zero.
I also experience this when they turn on their heating at 5.30am. Despite my boiler being off it starts to make the usual humming sound like it would if it were operating. I also hear it trying to push water around my central heating pipes.
Do your CH pipes get hot? If so you might be getting some free heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Neighbours flat activates my boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
I have a danesmore 20/25 oil boiler and it is firing up but it’s producing no heat to the water or the radiators My next door neighbour an electrician has checked the cylinder and thermostat and they all check out ok so he thinks the problem is within the boiler Can Someone help give me some...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the attached pix and vids show my issue. I've got a small copper-looking pipe protruding from the wall above my rear tenement bedroom. It's dripping almost...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single one-bedroom flat. The mains pipe bringing water into my top-floor flat is 15mm copper pipe. There is a water meter in the flat and a stop valve. There is...
Replies
Views
K
My conventional boiler needs to be replaced. One engineer suggested combi with an external pump because water pressure in my flat is low, the other said there's no need for a pump. He even said that if the pump would have a detrimental effect on the boiler. Who is right?
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a steady water drip from the boiler. After clearing up and putting a container beneath the boiler, he went to bed. This morning the water drip had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock