Search the forum,

Discuss Nest thermostat installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
as per title ,
Customer wants a nest fitting to his Viessmann , I have never done one , have no idea how you fit them , wire them and get them ready for wifi / net etc etc .
I know they have nest pro’s and I am tempted to push hime towards one.

Are they straightforward ? , I cant find any instructions anywhere .

Your thoughts please guys , cheers.

I can help you with wiring the thing and there's a few vids on line for set up

Cheers Shaun , blimey theres loads of vids online , will have a look at some later.

I cant get hold of the customer at the moment so I arent sure if he just wants the stat or the whole app thing for the phone .

Not fitted a nest but hive etc are just the same as a wireless stat and you download the app, register and set-up/control from the app

Not fitted a nest but hive etc are just the same as a wireless stat and you download the app, register and set-up/control from the app

Am I right in thinking the stat can be wired or RF with a boiler unit

One of my favourite stats, fit a fair few of them

Only ones I fit !! , wont work off wifi though , lol .

Very very roughly Shaun , bearing in mind its potentially my first what sort of money should I be charging , its a combi

Only ones I fit !! , wont work off wifi though , lol .

Very very roughly Shaun , bearing in mind its potentially my first what sort of money should I be charging , its a combi

Just for the stat fitting wise ?

Your looking two hours so around £80-£90

Plus nest

Nest needs to be hard wired or plugged into a socket with a stand and USB type cable
So it's not wireless

Nest needs to be hard wired or plugged into a socket with a stand and USB type cable
So it's not wireless

thats only for power dont have to run a cable back to the boiler

I would allow a couple of hours to fit. The set up takes a while if you aren't familiar with them.

I find half the time fitting the nest,hive etc are the easyier part of the job.The time consuming bit can be the set up of the app an using the internet side of it/customer education,assuming cause they have seen the product an want it fitted,they’ll know how to use it.Then I get customers triple my age that are more tech savvy than me :(

as per title ,
Customer wants a nest fitting to his Viessmann , I have never done one , have no idea how you fit them ... I cant find any instructions anywhere .

Hook up N and L to the Heat Link as usual, then link L to 2 and 3 goes back to the boiler - combi boiler. Done!
as per title ,
Customer wants a nest fitting to his Viessmann , I have never done one , have no idea how you fit them , wire them and get them ready for wifi / net etc etc .
I know they have nest pro’s and I am tempted to push hime towards one.

Are they straightforward ? , I cant find any instructions anywhere .

Hook up N and L to the Heat Link as usual, then link L to 2 and 3 goes back to the boiler - combi boiler. Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest thermostat installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock