Search the forum,

Discuss New bath trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

messimagician

I would like to have a new trap that connects to pvc pipe and then into the new pvc soil stack. As you can see from the current trap, the copper goes to lead which goes through the wall and bends down into a smaller cast iron waste pipe.

Trap sizes, because this is an old bath will the connections be the same size? Is it just a case of whipping the old one off and fitting a new mcalpine shallow bath trap instead where the copper is? Do I need to replace the metal fitting the plug goes into inside the bath as well?

320bb25c825b190a15d4705d4d9d5209.jpg

I changed a similar one a few weeks ago
The bath waste was 1 1/4" not 1 1/2", so had to change the waste fitting as well which wasn't so easy as it was original and nearly 50 yrs old, careful use of a grinder sorted it
You may be lucky and have an 1 1/2" waste

Yes you're right Johnyswap, the last one I did was 1 1/4 " as well but the thread type is still BSP just like it was when that bath was made.

How can u tell the size? Do I measure around the thread the nut tightens on? I have seen the Q10 and P10 traps by mcalpine so then is it just a case of getting the correct 1-1/2 or 1-1/4 which then goes to 40mm pipe?

I couldn't source an 1 1/4 bath trap, so had to change it all

How can u tell the size? Do I measure around the thread the nut tightens on? I have seen the Q10 and P10 traps by mcalpine so then is it just a case of getting the correct 1

Just order the trap in the link and have all the bits with you strewn all over the bathroom floor so everything is to hand when you need it.

You need some good grips and maybe a blowtorch to undo the nut.

if the existing is 1 1/4 you can get a plastic bush to up the size or use a brass bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New bath trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock