Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler, what's the average? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, hope I've posted in t he right area.

I have an old potterton conventional boiler that I am looking to get replaced. (HWC CWST etc..) our aim was to look in to getting a combi, just as the impression is they're more efficient etc..

We had a BG rep round recently to quote, he suggested sticking with conventional and going for a glowworm (space I'm kitchen and vent position is better and also pressure is ball park 1psi or 12 litres a minute) with a hive and a fancy magnet filter thing. All in quoted £2850 and 1-2 days to do the work.

Now my questions are... Firstly, is that a reasonable price. It's kind of in the ball park of what we expected but we where accounting for a combi install and removal of HWC etc.. This seems a bit high given it will be a direct boiler replacement.

Secondly, is a conventional equal to or a better option than the combi?

Many thanks for insight, I'm contemplating getting a local company in to quote as well to compare but I want to get past the sales tactics of BG and assess whether what he's quoted is reasonable and accurate.

Many thanks!!

Pricing varies by location, hard to say without physically looking at the job, does that include a flush? How many rads? Bg will usually be pretty steep regardless, I'd always recommend getting a local company with a good reputation around for a quote anyway. As for better or equal that depends on so many factors, any new boiler will be more efficient due to the time we live in.

i would expect a boiler to cost under £1000. On that basis they are charging you £1000 per day installation charges.
You can't look at it like that, as you have no idea of inividual business overheads. plus With a flush alone you're looking at a starting price of around £400, new controls? Pipe? Valves and fittings? Filter?

you need to decide what system you want, theres plenty of info on the web.Then get quotes ,BG will recomend the system and boiler they make the most profit on personally i dislike glow worms now plastic tat take a look at the intergas boilers all metal with most of the common failure components removed between 6 and ten years warranty
also check warranties bg boilers dont always come with the same as we get but they sign you up to their insurance schemes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler, what's the average? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock