Search the forum,

Discuss New build UFH help and advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all new to the forum, I have recently moved into a new build house with underfloor heating installed throughout the ground floor, 4 zones, kitchen (tiled),lounge (carpet), hallway (tiled), mancave/front room (carpet). It’s an Emmeti system with manual thermostats in each zone.

I turned it on for the first time yesterday as I was bored and it was slightly cooler, I gather to get the best out the system should be on 24/7 when it’s on in anger.
I noticed the carpeted rooms took longer to feel any difference, I appreciate the installer wouldn’t of known I would have this floor covering as I had it fitted after purchasing. I was just wondering what ideal temperature differntial I should be looking at for the flow and return temperatures, I don’t think it’s been balanced properly as all flow rates look to be set the same. I’m assuming if a play with the flow rate I can get the temperature differentials across the flow and return the same for all zones.
I have just been looking at salus auto balancing actuators, are these a worthwhile upgrade, looks relatively simple to install.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Will, I`m not being rude but ufh with carpet in St Google brought up answers from ufh manufactures. It is worth a read.

I would stick to the manual balance

If you phone emmeti they might have the drawings still on file with the correct loop lengths and balancing values

I don’t even know what your about. Not trying to be rude
No worries.
Put "ufh with carpet" in to whichever search engine you use, using google there was around 5 ufh manufactures replies talking about the tog value of the carpet and how that effects the heat in the room.

Is there a temperature diffential between flow and return that should be aimed for ?

Normally around 10 Degrees difference on the main flow and return into the manifold

Yes sorry, I’ve followed this advice when i had carpet fitted, low tog underlay, and not a combined tog of anymore than 2.5. But when I had the system running yesterday all the flow rates were set pretty much the same, I don’t know, this might be correct. But I didn’t know if there was a standard way of balancing the system by getting the difference between the flow and return temperatures all the same.

Emmeti should be able to guid you through the balancing task as really ufh goes off loop length and floor type

As for the air depends how much you can't hear any in the loops can you ?

No can’t hear anything going through the pump or anything.

You think emmeti will have all the details ?

There a chance but could of been bought via a supplier

Could you ask the builders ??

Reply to New build UFH help and advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock