Search the forum,

Discuss New cistern leaking into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have replaced a whole new Grohe WC wall hung toilet integrated frame and cistern and still have the same problem, a small leak into the toilet pan. Going crazy as no one can tell me why this is happening. Grohe thought it was their problem even though had not experienced it before, but multiple changes (3) of the parts you can change through the flush panel occurred on the first frame, and then a whole new frame and cistern was sent and installed. But still the same leak - A small trickle that continues hours after flushing. Apart from water wastage the problem is unworkable as the toilet is connected to a macerator, so every 6 hours or so it goes off. Please help, it can't be a faulty cistern, so what else could be causing this trickle? It is new! There is no degradation of the fill valve. What else can i replace?

Any help really appreciated.

Hi thank you for responding. Who sets the water level? Sorry i am ignorant. I've had two Grohe engineers round and two different plumbers and none of them have mentioned water level. Where would this be set, inside the Grohe frame?

When the toilet was off, a just the pipe was sticking out from the cistern, it didn't seem to be leaking. Once the toilet is on starts leaking.

Have you got very high water pressure ? did a restrictor insert come with new inlet valve.

Wish i could answer these questions, again none of the people that visited did anything, or questioned anything, and rather just change the constituent parts. Photo attached. Can't really get phone inside.

IMG_20180126_190910_resized_20180126_070948626.jpg

Can you see what the flexi connects to on the other side? Is it a float? The syphon might not be fitted correctly also? Bit more likely the inlet valve

Can you see what the flexi connects to on the other side? Is it a float? The syphon might not be fitted correctly also? Bit more likely the inlet valve
Hi here is another picture! I've come to think it's nothing to do with the cistern or frame because everything changed multiple times. Can it be something else? Don't think water pressure particularly high.

IMG_20180126_193153.jpg

I feel your pain, it is all new and the Grohe guys can`t fix it :mad:
There must be warranty so call them back and lock them in until they do ;)

Not what you wanted to here Leigh , but those pics bring back nightmares for me , last summer I had hours trying to sort a problem with one of those valves / cisterns. I ended up slinging it and putting a different cistern in , and I love Grohe gear

Grohe have just coughed up over £1k to take toilet, sink, tap off off decor panel, remove panel and shelf and flooring to get to frame. Paid for frame to be replaced and everything to go back. This is after paying for 3 goes at changing innards. Grohe have been amazing. Problem is none of it has fixed the problem! That's what makes me think nothing to do with frame. But sounds like you are all saying it must be.

I just want someone to tell me, it has nothing to do with the toilet you bought, and nothing to do with the fact that toilet connected to a macerator, and nothing to do with anything my plumber has done fitting it. Then the only thing it possibly can be is inside the Grohe frame and cistern.

Really struggling to understand why the frame was replaced tbh unless they know something I don't.

Nothing to do with your pan or the macerator fault ls inside the cistern.

only thing if can be is the syphon isnt sealing properly and allowing water to pass into the pan or else the water level too high in the cistern and its overflowing into the pan!

Not what you wanted to here Leigh , but those pics bring back nightmares for me , last summer I had hours trying to sort a problem with one of those valves / cisterns. I ended up slinging it and putting a different cistern in , and I love Grohe gear
You're right Margaret, don't want to hear it!

Does it still leak into the pan with the float valve switched off? Maybe leave it over night with it switched off. If it does then the flush valve must be the culprit.

Really struggling to understand why the frame was replaced tbh unless they know something I don't.

Nothing to do with your pan or the macerator fault ls inside the cistern.
They couldn't understand why it was still leaking after everything changed and insides investigated. Thought perhaps moulding around bit that opens not right, and that is part of the frame. Maybe it's their engineers that just don't know what to test.

The silver flexi that you show in the photo on the left hand side,follow that flexi back to the right hand side and take a photo

There will be an isolation valve either inside the cistern p, connected to the silver flexi or just outside the cistern. This should be accessible to you.

Grohe make great taps but their toilet cistern innards leave much to be desired. A £50 toilet to go with a £20 fluidmaster pack put in it would outlast their stuff by a decade.

only thing if can be is the syphon isnt sealing properly and allowing water to pass into the pan or else the water level too high in the cistern and its overflowing into the pan!

This is it. One or the other. Either don't flush toilet overnight and see if water level has reached internal overflow level or turn off water to toilet and see if cistern slowly empties itself. First one = inlet valve second one = Flush valve/flush valve seal. Could be both but sounds unlikely with brand new stuff. Not uncommon to see both valves gones after 3-5 years on over-engineered garb.

Thanks everyone so much for engaging with this and me. I won't turn the macerator off, thanks rpm. Have you seen Margarets photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New cistern leaking into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock