Search the forum,

Discuss New cistern leaking into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want someone to tell me, it has nothing to do with the toilet you bought, and nothing to do with the fact that toilet connected to a macerator, and nothing to do with anything my plumber has done fitting it. Then the only thing it possibly can be is inside the Grohe frame and cistern.
Hard to say without knowing what it looks like, but my son has a toilet which had similar leak. Not new, but all modern, plastic, click-together stuff. It has a plunger with rubber seal going over the hole in the bottom, plunger lifted to flush. After trying many things, I noticed the plunger was not falling freely inside its cage. The rubber seal was slightly fouling the cage. Trimmed about 1.5mm off the seal all round, and that cured it. Maybe yours has something similar?

Update: It's clear that everyone thinks flush valve and can't be anything else. And that it's the washer in the flush valve basket thing at the bottom, not the up and down bit that usually goes wrong after a couple of years. So today their engineer came back and used Plumbers mate putty to try to seal this. I am waiting to see if it works. Feel very angry. It's new, had this replaced four times now and it doesn't work, it just doesn't work. And they have used sealant to try to make it work. Would any of you accept this if it was your bathroom? How does this affect my warranty? Should i ask them for something in writing. I want to ask them to change it over for a Geberit, but i will probably have to have another cover panel cut as dimensions and positioning of holes needed different from one manufacture to another. So more disruption and i just want a bathroom that works in my one bed flat! Their product doesn't work. Simple as that. Completely new and doesn't work.

I would not accept that for a fix!it should work properly from new from the factory,and if they cant make that happen without adding putting i would want a new one or change of brand.

Would not accept that as it is a bodge cure imho.

Is anyone able to tell me how i can work out if a different manufacturer will for sure mean the flush panel and waste pipe position will be different? Do i just have to study the technical drawings and try to work it out? I phoned Geberit and they said they couldn't comment on other manufacturer models. I can't bare having to cut a whole new panel again. Photo attached.

IMG_20180208_171537_resized_20180208_051549162.jpg

Don't forget the method of hanging the pan on the wall varies.

Who would be an expert in WC frame concealed cisterns (across brands)? Is there a plumbers shop i could telephone does anyone know?

Update. 3 Grohe WC frames installed and removed. 5 flush valves, 2 with putty put around. Couldn't stop leak. Replaced with Geberit. No leak everything working perfectly. Geberit WC frame was 3mm deeper and the stud wall had to be knotched out. The flush plate was wider and not as tall, so new cover panel had to be cut so as to not leave a hole, but all other holes for bolts, waste, flush all the same. Anyway, Grohe had no explanation as to why their cisterns leak, and they are the official partner of Saniflo in the combined WC frame/macerator product. If i didn't have a macerator i may never have noticed. No one was really that interested at Grohe. Still waiting for them to cover costs. They took 4 months of my life. My bathroom taken apart and put together 3 times.

Geberit is the best for hanging pans or basins

Couldn't stop leak. Replaced with Geberit. No leak everything working perfectly. Grohe had no explanation as to why their cisterns leak, and they are the official partner of Saniflo in the combined WC frame/macerator product. If i didn't have a macerator i may never have noticed. No one was really that interested at Grohe. Still waiting for them to cover costs. They took 4 months of my life. My bathroom taken apart and put together 3 times.
Interesting, as far as I'm aware the frame is different as it gives full access to the macerator which others didn’t however any pan and cistern can be used.
Ah! Just remembered that is for the Sani wall pump only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New cistern leaking into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock