Search the forum,

Discuss New Financial Year - Labour Price Increases in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone feeling confident enough about the market to put up their prices this year or will you guys be soaking up the inflation for a real terms pay drop??

Intrigued what other companies are doing. I think that our first hour rate will stay the same but the second hour rate will go up £1 per hour tbh to cover the increased costs of the living wage and workplace pensions starting in 2017 for us. That makes us £60 and £31 plus VAT for plumbing/electric or £70 and £41 plus VAT for gas.

Labour rates have increased pretty well in the past 12 months. Oil servicing will be going up again by 5%. Big jump in emergency boiler repairs, tenner going on. I'm busy so I will make hay while the sun shines. Lot of idiots round our way charging peanuts and doing very poor work. But they are being found out now. Plus one of the big employers in area has laid people off due to them going big into bio mass and the arse falling out.

have a look at rays annual rates report and take it from there. Pimlico have gone up again I believe :)

I would love to but I might leave it a year as I have a few people go pale when I give them the price already. Lol.

I would love to but I might leave it a year as I have a few people go pale when I give them the price already. Lol.

If some people aren't doing that then your prices are too low I would suggest. We get a few people doing that with us for the one hour jobs. No great loss though as we keep busy. Our prices allow us to have the odd slack day for training the lads too.

have a look at rays annual rates report and take it from there. Pimlico have gone up again I believe :)

Rates Mon–Fri 7am–6pm £95.00
Mon–Fri 6pm–12am £150.00
Rates Sat 7am–6pm £170.00

Take into account they keep the timer on whilst driving down to merchants and grabing a tea.

So yeah I think £1 increase is justified for cr0ft :)

Can someone point me in the direction of Ray's labour cost study please.
I thought I had downloaded it but I can't find it now. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Financial Year - Labour Price Increases in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock