Search the forum,

Discuss New Flue through a redundant chimney in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gas tec

Gas Engineer
How do I stand with this? I have looked at a job (boiler change) where the existing boiler flue passes through an old chimney breast that is no longer being used.
There will be no flue joints in the chimney but obviously no one will ever be able to inspect that section of flue passing through the chimney. Is this to be treated as a void?

good point -I'm guessing it would be classed as a void and would need an inspection hatch.
What about falling debris in the old chimney breast?? Has the old pot been sealed off?

i would say yes it will be classed as a void so you will need and inspection panel to check the flue.

Looked at a gloworm hide away myself the other day open flued , considering this as a replacment gas - tec , flueing through a chimney and out the wall sleeve it mate in case of soot. Corrosive as hell would need a inspection door cheers kop

1497125253607766182601.jpg

I spoke to gas safe regarding this. My thoughts on this were the same as all the replys above, it would need an inspection hatch but I wanted to ask others their opinion.

Gas safe; no inspection hatch needed, the new flue should be sleeved the full length and a data plate added so the unused/redundant chimney is not used again. All work should be documented as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Flue through a redundant chimney in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock