Search the forum,

Discuss new head for gas torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Looking for new head for gas torch, found this one at plumb centre:

Rothenberger swirl flame burner & jet

Anybody know what swirl flame is?

or jet flame?

I want a smaller flame then the standard so it doesnt burn as much.

Maybe swirl flame is a more controlled, concentrated flame, but I am just guessing. I use the Rothenberger adjustable type, brazing torch that fits straight to the propane bottles, but it's hard on gas.

The swirl flame. It creates a flow of gas that when the nozzle
Is placed the correct distance from the pipe will cause the flame to wrap around the pipe

The jet, refers to the jet on the torch. Or if it was a boiler it would be called an injector

I personally wouldn't use anything other than a superfire2 and thats what the twist nozzle is for

But if your going to buy one PTs have the best deal on a superfire2 ATM

it will fit the SF/SF2 small brass one works great its the one i use

it will fit the SF/SF2 small brass one works great its the one i use
let me get this right!.
the piper_alpha rig i have at the moment that melts 15mm pipe and sets fire to skirting boards in 10 seconds dead (now confined to the un-used tools list). you can actually buy a replacement nozzle that takes a less aggressive flame?

yep,my super fire 2 was torching stuff as well until i fitted the smaller nozzle

the sf2 comes with the one on the left of the picture i replaced it with the small brass one on the right

What is the part Number for the nozzle on the right of picture as i have the super fire 2 and also have the (piper alpha rig) nozzle one fitted ok for 22mm or above but not much fun using in an airing cupboard on 15mm

u can interchange the heads and they are only about £9.00 each exc vat for the Rothenberger. just use the one u feel most comfortable with.

Thats it only advice from me on the subject is oil the small allan screws on the torch head often as if they become blocked changing them can be a freakin nightmare.

I must have had 3 or 4 service kits for my superfire 2 and I got them all free from rothenberger reps at my local plumb centre. I use primus/sievert gas instead of the rothenberger stuff, it's cheaper and easier to control the heat I find.

I must have had 3 or 4 service kits for my superfire 2 and I got them all free from rothenberger reps at my local plumb centre. I use primus/sievert gas instead of the rothenberger stuff, it's cheaper and easier to control the heat I find.
welcome to the forums tb,have you used the all singing and dancing primus head yet? do you know if it fits the orange bottles?

Get yourself a heat mat and a super-fire 2. happy days :0)

welcome to the forums tb,have you used the all singing and dancing primus head yet? do you know if it fits the orange bottles?

Thanks Gas Man!

Ive always used a superfire since my apprenticeship days and have never found need to change, since i keep being able to replace the parts for free, so unfortunatley not used the primus head.

I found the primus/sievert gas very dirty. My preference is Mapp gas as I can get the heat I want with a smaller flame and the heat is there if there's water in the pipe.

I have a super fire 2, and find that it burns the pipe and fitting. Can I change the burner tip for a better soldering flame and do I need to change the jet as well??

I have a super fire 2, and find that it burns the pipe and fitting. Can I change the burner tip for a better soldering flame and do I need to change the jet as well??

what gas are you using?

I adjust the flame accordingly, but not happy with the soldering.

Never come across this before and I use super 2 and map which is hotter, fittings get slightly discoloured but nothing much / a bit of steel wool won't fix

Keep the flame back slightly more from the fittings and don't keep it on the fitting much when it reaches soldering temperature.
If you were used to soldering with an old type blow lamp, especially if on butane, you maybe are finding the SF2 flame too powerful and concentrated.
I use propane cylinders with my SF2, same as you, and I think it is more than enough power usually.
Maybe think of changing the flux you use? I still use traditional grease based flux which is not too corrosive and solder flows well, but have to be careful not to overheat it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new head for gas torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock