Search the forum,

Discuss New install, tigerloop issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I recently installed a new oil line and boiler in a property. The line is quite a run and the appliance is higher than the tank. I put a tiger loop in and used a bucket to prime the flow and return.

This all went to plan and the boiler fired with no issue. I reconnected the oil line and continued to observe waiting for it to lock out which it didnt.

I carried on with my commission and got my readings and left the heating on for a good hour or so to check that the radiators were all heating up etc...

After a few hours I get a call from the customer telling me that the boiler has locked out. I went down there and noticed the tiger loop was empty.

I reset the burner a few times and i could see it bubbling as it was purging the air from the line.

After a while it was again full (bubbles had gone). i knocked the boiler off for about 30 minutes and still it was full and fired again.

Now again its empty so it seems its slowly going back into the tank.

I'm thinking of putting a non-return valve on the supply pipe going into the tiger loop.

Am i right in thinking this?

Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New install, tigerloop issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank. I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to keep the number of compression joints to a minimum, I’d like to fit an external tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator (the one that incorporates an isolation...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I checked the resistance of the immersion heater, and it read 19ohms, and the voltage on the live and neutral read 230V, but there was no humming or...
Replies
Views
Have a problem with an oil fired AGA conversion Has been no problem for 5 years, now goes out 12 to 36 hours after lighting, have checked fire valve, and have installed seperate line from tank to feed AGA went for 3 weeks one time, then went out due high winds. Has now started same pattern Help...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock