Search the forum,

Discuss new installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all 1st posting here
long posting so stick with me pls
replacing my thorn apollo to a wb 34cdi. going to be connected to 5 double rads and 1 towl rad, yes over powered because its going to feed a mixer shower, 14.4 lpm,
had a few companys in for prices starting off with bg 3800 inc wb contr(full paperworks will be supplied reg with local council gas safe and wb), informed me to get my own heating unit so no markup price also my own new rads etc, he has 000s of positive feedbacks going back a few years now and working for himself
now the rads that on the old sys are years old (20+) and sys full of gunge
the new location for new boiler is going to be where the hot water tank is atm (direct above boiler)
ive asked the fitter if there is going to be a powerflush and his reply was yeah (not convincing) hot & cold , if that makes sense??
im going to be at work then this is getting installed the last thing im wanting is not knowing if this has been done or not, ive also supplied my own f1 & f3
last thing i went for wicks rads as i see that they are quinns rebranded if thats correct , any advice any1

Last edited:
Bg ?? British Gas if yes he's fitting it on the side

How much is he charging you? And is he supplying pipe and fittings?

Too cheap I'm sorry conversion to combi min would be about 1k with flush

its going to be fitted to a outside wall so its horizontal flue, ive read his background and has a list long with his qualifications , also approved by baxi and valliant, should i be worried

Did he explain about possible leaks on the system due to going from gravity system to pressurised

, hes the heating engineer i leave that to him,im wanting this done correctly as i will prob be living in this house for a longtime to come

But should if explained the old Pipework might leak but at that price sorry to say too cheap I think

Far too cheap. Sounds alarm bells to me. I would be interested to see photos of the installation and the benchmark book.

Good luck with it!!

And we'll see you on here in a while, asking if someone will sign it for off!

as i said its going to be signed off with gas safe and local council and with wb, i do have second thoughts about using this guy becuase of the price, but being approved by baxi & vallent i was thinking i cant go wrong here along with 000s positive reviews, im going to be taking a day off work (2nd day of fitting) which is i believe thats when the powerflush will be done, i will if i can post pictures on here of the installation and let you guys see the end result

You can check him being gas safe registered online (think it shows a photo as well)

By all means post some pics up if you are going with him

But some advice don't pay him till complete / if you do only do 50% until complete/ happy

Something is not going to get done for that money. I guarantee a corner will be cut

i wont be paying him anything until the job has been completed, ive done loads and loads of research watching powerflushes reviewing everything online, went over and over done my homework for sure so i know what the powerflush looks like, i think i need a baileys now
and here is qualifications
GAS SAFETY REGISTER ******

NIC CERTIFICATION ( UN-VENTED HOT WATER STORAGE SYSTEMS)

CITB

CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analysis) 31/03/14
CCN1 (Domestic Natural Gas Safety) 30/03/14
HTR1 (Gas Fires and Heaters) 30/03/14
CEN1 (Central Heating Boilers 70KW) 31/03/14
CKR1 (Gas Cookers) 30/11/10

Last edited:
I really don't understand why you'd risk your home to save a couple of quid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock