Search the forum,

Discuss New loo on 3 inch soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning all. I hope you are well. Pretty sure I have asked this before but cannot remember.

I am installing a new toilet but have discovered where the soil pipe needs to go there is only 3 and a bit inches diameter. Either side are gas pipes and cables. Is it possible to go from a 3 inch flexible multikwik to a 4 inch soil pipe?

Cheers

There do a special extension from multi one end 3" the other 4"

There do a special extension from multi one end 3" the other 4"

I was going to put thanks Shaun at the end of the thread.

But is it ok to go from the pan connector in into a 3 inch to 4 inch adaptor about 500mm away?

I was going to put thanks Shaun at the end of the thread.

But is it ok to go from the pan connector in into a 3 inch to 4 inch adaptor about 500mm away?

Lol

Yes I think if you look at maclpine they do a 3" pan connector (to normal toilet)

Lol

Yes I think if you look at maclpine they do a 3" pan connector (to normal toilet)

I also think viva slinky come with 2 different size thins on their flexible connectors.

It needs to be a flexi really otherwise I will have to buy some 3 inch soil pipe which I hear is expensive!

I also think viva slinky come with 2 different size thins on their flexible connectors.

It needs to be a flexi really otherwise I will have to buy some 3 inch soil pipe which I hear is expensive!

? How far short are you ?

I
? How far short are you ?
Have a 4 inch pipe in the wall, then right in front of that I have a gas meter on the left and a barrel gas pipe on the right. The gap between these is just over 3 inches. This is to the right of the back of the pan which is around 450mm

soil needs to be 4in or it may be prone to blockages !

www.blockeddrainsbirmingham.co.uk

It is true. Although some old pipes were 3 inch I believe. The custard has actually said the toilet is just for peeing as it is off the main hall. I think I shall give them the option to get the meter moved or si k with a 3 inch and get them to sign a bit of paper agreeing to the 3 inch pipe and possible blockages

So chaps another question. I need to cut a tee into this cast iron soil pipe. Do i need to replace the whole lot in plastic or will a couple of fernco's and a bit plastic do the trick as it is clipped pretty securely most of the way up.

20171128_155852.jpg

Cut a 110mm tee in ?

Meant to say spigot top and bottom but it doesn't look like there is. So 2 fernco's, 1 tee and a bit of pipe to put into the top of the tee.

I wouldn't I would replace the lot

Could you not use a timesaver cast tee ? that what i have done in the past . cheers kop

Screenshot_2017-11-28-19-00-03.png

Screenshot_2017-11-28-18-59-11.png

Now that would could work a treat but worried that the cast wouldn't really have any support at the bottom.

How flexible are they as with using
Could you not use a timesaver cast tee ? that what i have done in the past . cheers kop

View attachment 32041

View attachment 32042

It would be nice but I am thinking these are very expensive. Look the part though

Saint gobin bud drainage centre keep it part of the wolsey group hardest bit is cutting a section of pipe out . cheers kop

Screenshot_2017-11-28-20-00-02.png

Screenshot_2017-11-28-19-52-27.png

Yes you will need 3 collars to suit your pipe they are retail prices so depending on your discount its cheaper than replacing the whole stack and less damage to the property , i just use a 9" grinder with a metal cutting disc no particular make. Cheers kop

They do a support collar if your worried but i think you would be fine its how i would do it cast tee then black 110mm out the branch , no.way i would take the stack down . kop

I'd replace the stack if it was a south-facing wall and in the summer. Did one last year and I got more of a tan than a week in Ibiza!!

They do a support collar if your worried but i think you would be fine its how i would do it cast tee then black 110mm out the branch , no.way i would take the stack down . kop

Yes but could I do it with the fernco T or plastic T. I won't be able to get a cast one today and ideally would like to finish. The out side diameter if cast is 111mm. Is that a standard 100mm cast fitting required

Speaking from experience i would use the timersaver anything else wont look right Fernco no i wouldnt, 100mm will fit its measured internal just get the right collars a days work , changing the stack a weeks work a tower needed in poor weather no way £1000 at least you know it makes sense get the timesaver . kop

Speaking from experience i would use the timersaver anything else wont look right Fernco no i wouldnt, 100mm will fit its measured internal just get the right collars a days work , changing the stack a weeks work a tower needed in poor weather no way £1000 at least you know it makes sense get the timesaver . kop

Does the standard coupling go from cast iron to plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New loo on 3 inch soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock