Search the forum,

Discuss New Products Failing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all - I am becoming very annoyed that 1 in 3 recently installed remote fire valves have failed - and they are all manufacturers.....and 12 out of about 40 Watchman Alarm have failed; some have never actually worked out of the box mostly just reading a full or empty oil tank.
We have been through all of the install procedures to make sure we have it right and we have been doing it for donkeys years and these problems are recent and becoming more frequent.
Any one else noticed this????

They don't make them like the old days eg Taps and ball valves you could stick with the same ones for at least 10 years with a washer here and there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Products Failing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking from the en-suite down into the reception room and the fitter promptly came and repaired it, it was something to do with the area under the sink. We...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
L
Hello so we have just recently remodeled and I cannot remember if we were experiencing this before in our bathroom upstairs but, there’s a strong gasoline/cigarette smell coming from the pipes I think. It is not there all the time, in fact it went away for 4 days and now it has returned...
Replies
Views
LeAnn Trigg
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock