Discuss New Radiator pipe work advice needed please.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, not sure if this is in quite the correct section - but here goes!!!

Iam looking for some advice regarding new pipe work to rads which i have recently fitted to the wall. the walls are brick. The flooring is suspended wooden and i can get the floor up easily and have good access to existing heating pipes from previous radiators situated in the room.

My issues are: would it be best to just go straight down through the floor boards and connect up the rads or is it worth trying to chase the pipe work into the walls under neath the rads??

any help or advice greatly recieved... thanks adam20171017_193857.jpg 20171017_195719.jpg

Depends on the finish you wish to achieve. Chasing in is more work, but you get clean lines. Pipes in floor catch dust and are difficult to hoover around. Make sure the rad valves are still fitted upwards as you don’t want them sticking into the room, biting people’s ankles.

Whichever you choose, you won't notice it after a week.

Try a mock up of each style using a valve and and short length of pipe cut to length so it looks like the finished work will without actually being plumbed in.

The first pic looks like the rad will need moving over slightly to the right.

Normal practice is to run the pipework under the floor boards and feed the radiators with pipework straight up into the rad valves . cheers kop

I would go straight down into the floor, if you don't like the look of copper pipe you can do it in chrome pipe

Yes, straight down through the floorboards is the most common and practical way to do it in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Radiator pipe work advice needed please.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back