Search the forum,

Discuss New shower mixer but shower drips occasionally in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just had a brand new bar shower mixer but the shower head keeps dripping every now and again. I have checked that there's no debri in the valve and everything is is tightened. This is very frustrating as the shower tray nevers dries and also very annoying in being disturbed in the middle of the night. More than anything though, i just want to know why this is happening and how it can be fixed. Any ideas ?

also is it rated for you system eg they havent installed a gravity mixer on a pressurise system?

It should still be under warranty and most decent plumbers stand by their installs for 12months i would say get him back cheers kop

Every shower ive ever owned electric or mixer drips at some point during the day or night. Ive found it is just what water is left in the shower head coming out. Try tipping the shower head upside down and shake it to get some of the remaining water out of it when youve finished your shower. Alternatively you could leave the shower head on the bath/cubicle floor (unsightly) or unscrew the head and let the water out (impractical) when you have finished showering.

I know what you mean though, it can make you jump in the middle of the night when a load of water drips out into the bath/cubicle.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: deg
Has it got a fixed head??
If it has, these can drip, even sometimes a few hours later. It syphons the water out of the riser and arm.
The his can happen to a degree on some shower heads too.

Thanks for the replies. The mixer is from Bath Empire and yes I have got a fixed rain shower head as well as hand shower. I am trying out different things like draining draining any water left in riser and shower head to see if it makes any difference. I will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New shower mixer but shower drips occasionally in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock