Search the forum,

Discuss New to the forum and boiler question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Martyn, not sure what you are getting at.

FWIW, most gas engineers I have met do not seem to know an awful lot about electronics. The average RGI seems to be more a technician that can probably test against manufacturer's specification and replace assemblies than a designer.
There seems to be an objection to a qualified electrical engineer sorting out a possible electrical problem because of safety issues and yet no problem with the same issue being dealt with by someone not qualified in electrics. That is the point I am making.

Martyn, not sure what you are getting at.

FWIW, most gas engineers I have met do not seem to know an awful lot about electronics. The average RGI seems to be more a technician that can probably test against manufacturer's specification and replace assemblies than a designer.
Still plenty of us out here that understand electrics matey.

Electrics and electronics are not the same thing. I was addressing Martyn and his specific question. No offence intended, but I doubt many RGIs can look at a circuit board and work out the purpose of each semiconductor and diode and perhaps build a new circuit board that works without using manufacturer's parts (would be illegal to install, but that's not my point here). Perhaps you can, Harvest, but no one I have met in the flesh.
I'm now confused though, because Martyn himself was talking about electronics and now he says he is an electrical engineer, which could just mean he's a sparky.

The thing is mate. As Gas Engineers we do not have to understand it, we just have to understand when they are broken. Some of us could return boards ourselves, but I wouldn’t as it’s not worth the time or effort needed. In my own opinion

Reply to New to the forum and boiler question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock