Search the forum,

Discuss New WB boiler - with tepid 'hot' water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening folks,

So, I am here for some independent advice, if possible. I have just had a Worcester Bosch 30cdi Classic System Boiler installed along with a ?mag filter? and some new radiators. The issue is that the hot water isn't very hot at all. I have turned the thermostat on the hot water cylinder up to 70 degrees; with no noticeable change. I was told at the point of install that the hot water dial on the boiler itself is only for if the boiler is a 'combi' and on my boiler it is essentially useless.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to why the hot water isn't very hot? I have it on for a good while giving it plenty time to heat but it doesn't make any change.

Any suggestions are welcome. Many thanks,

MR

Time to get the fitters back and ask them and they might need to change a few things

Is heating working ok ? it may be one of your external controls that is at fault or you have an airlock in the pipework to the cylinder, Call back installer . couple of photos of controls for hot water could help.

The heating seems to be ok. The installer has told me just to turn up the thermostat on the hw cylinder. I will get them back out though; i just wondered if it would be a quick fix that i could do. The image is of the boiler with the left dial being the touch temp of radiators and the right one being the hw temp. The boiler manual states the water temp is adjustable from this dial and makes mention of a ?diverter valve?

20180127_200433.png

No no no get him out to sort it as your not happy

Do you have any pics of the cylinder and boiler installation ?

• Agree
Reactions: rpm
Shaun - i will get a photo in the am. The cylinder was one that was already in the house, just a regular one not the fancy new unvented ones. I have just sent the company an email asking them to come out and take a look.

Shaun - i will get a photo in the am. The cylinder was one that was already in the house, just a regular one not the fancy new unvented ones. I have just sent the company an email asking them to come out and take a look.

Was the hot water find before the boiler change ?

So they have done something and really upto them to fix / sort it within reason

True. I just wasnt sure if the new boiler was maybe just now as powerful as the last (Poterton Prima F) or with new boiler being more eco, if this was side effect.

True. I just wasnt sure if the new boiler was maybe just now as powerful as the last (Poterton Prima F) or with new boiler being more eco, if this was side effect.

Nope the heat should be the same and they might of undersized the boiler but it should still come out like normal

Thanks for the advice; timber i am happy with, water/electricity & gas all in one...witchcraft.

They thought i was being a bit generous with the boiler size (1 bath, 1 shower, 14 rads) but thats what i asked for.

Get them back you could try setting different switching times for heating and hot water but its more a wiring or controls issue are you sure its the right type of nest thermostat ? post a picture of your cylinder please Shaun is your man for wiring . cheers kop

Any of the cylinder?

Put system on for hot water only and try the silver vent it may be closed off (Sticking up on top pipe ) screwdriver slot on top.

That valve appeared to have a fair bit of corrosion around it but opened it and there was a small amount of air came out followed by water.

Turn the cylinder stat down / back to 60

On the boiler turn the left hand control up from 3 to 5

It seems like my hot water is properly hot again! Can i turn the ch dial down again or should it remain at 5? Thank you very much for all the help

4-5 is normally about right

surprised you didnt say the heating was slightly colder 3 is around 45dc

We were trialling leaving the heating on all day on a lower setting vs on/off at various times etc. Still not worked it out yet although the nest seems to be good.

sorry to say with the set up you have you cant have independent heating temperatures as that one dial does both your hot water and heating

so it needs to be around the 65dc temp

Oh, i didn't know that. Is there something that can be done to change that?

unless you add the diverter kit and change the piping no sorry or theres anther way but will requires piping changes and more items

Thats a pain in the backside, wasn't told that dial also controlled the hw. I was told the stat on the cylinder determines the hw temp?! What would the likely cost of a diverter kit be?

yea sorry to say around the ÂŁ200 mark just for the diverter kit ish

and then for someone to pipe the hot water cylinder direct to the boiler

if you dont mind what have they done and roughly how much?

Move boiler (not that far, other side of wall) 1 new rad, 8 trv's, ?mag filter?, take of all rads and wash/flush out with pressure washer as opposed to system power flush. Nest stat. Took from around 730am to 6pm, two ch engineers plus a spark. ÂŁ3300.

a tad on the high side i would say but cant comment as havent seen the job

Contacted 4 ch engineers. One had to reschedule except never made another time to come round. One said he would be round and never turned up. One would like me to believe he was the second comming of Christ and there was nobody better that him; he never bothered to send me a quote. Then there was this company who did the job. All four recommended by others.

• Funny
Reactions: pip
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New WB boiler - with tepid 'hot' water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock